cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Period MMPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to post stock to a Material in the MB1C transction.

But I keep getting this message "Posting only possible in periods 2009/06 and 2009/05 in company code SPIL".

I have opened the period in MMPV. Can some one tell me where do we assign the calender to the company code.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sneha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Reset MM posting period, carry out the following steps:

1. Goto T.code: SU01 - change user mode

2. Goto parameter Tab and add the following for the user

3. Add parameter ID: MMPI_READ_NOTE and enter the date in yyyymmdd e.g.,19082008 in value field.

4. Save. Then goto MMPI

Before going read note 487381 attached here.

DO NOT TRY IN PRODUCTION SERVER as it may lead to DATA INCONSISTENCY.

Regards,

Anbu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha

If you go to company code details there you can check what factory calendar has been assigned

IMG -> Enterprise Structure -> Definition -> Financial Accounting -> Define, copy, delete, check Company Code

Now go to MMPV and check the closing period of your company code and then go to MMRV and then close the periods of your company code

Regards

Srinath

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sneha

As Mr.Murali pointed out this has to be done in OB52 and MMPV and to see what is the current period you need to see MMRV

Menu path to t code OB52

img-financial accounting new-financial accounting global settings (new)--ledgers-fiscal year and posting periods-posting periods-open and close posting periods(OB52)

First of all you must see what the posting period varient maintained for your company code

This you can see in OBY6 (in processing parameters tab you can see that) and what the fiscal year varient maintained in your company code in t code OBY6

In that take your posting period varient say if it is 1000

Then in OB52 you have to maintain like this

1000--S-blank---zzzzzzzzzz--01-2009-12-2009---13-201016---2010

like this you have to maintain for A,+,D,K,M,V(account types) the second colunmn and do this and save

This is check one

You have to close all the previous periods thro MMPV transaction

For this you first need to see what is the current period in in MMRV

Go to MMRV first and input your company code ans see what is the current period maintained there

As today is feb 11 th 2009 the previous period should look like 01/2009(normal settings) in MMRV and the current period should be 02/2009

That means the period is closed till jan 09

If in MMRV the previous period is say 07/2008 then it means you have to close periods from july 08 to jan 09

for this go to MMPV and input company code code and the date as 01.08.2008 then a log will come that means july is closed and august is open like that 01.09.2008, 01.10.2008, 01.11.2008, 01.12.2008, 01.01.2009 and 01.02.2009 that till feb 09 every month it has to be done

When you input 01.02.2009 in MMPV and execute that means the period jan 09 is closed and (a log will come) and feb 09 is open which you can see in MMRV as the current period as 02/2009 and previous period as 01/2009

Better to take MM help if you are new to this

This is check 2

Regards

Raja

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sneha,

You need to look in to these transactions with the help of FI people.

-->Go to MMRV transaction check what is the current period.

-->Now go to MMPV transaction close the past periods.

-->Go to OB52 check current period is maintaining or not for your company code.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.