Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-hoc Agent Not Found (No approval available) - Contract Work Flow

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Workflow Experts,

I am trying to activate Work Flow SRM Contracts. I did the following steps:

Step 1: I went to Perform Task-Specific Customizing -> SRM -> SRM-EBP -> SRM-EBP-WFL ->

sub step a: Activate Event Linkage -> selected WS14000088 (One Setp Contract Aprroval) -> Activated

sub step b: Assign Agents -> selected WS14000088 -> create agent assignment -> Position -> selected my manager position as approver -> aseleted WS14000088 -> Update Index

Step 2: I went to Define Recepient of Notifications -> I added new entries for Contract Release with options like Approver and Initiator of the Workflow.

Kind Note: I did not provide any Starting Conditions because I activated only one workflow for Contracts. I did not do any other SRM Business Work Flow Steps (Maintain Prefix Numbers, Standard Settings, activate standard task) because we implemented SRM Workflow for Shopping Cart adn PO without approval.

Once I finished above, I created Contract with Process Contracts Step from SRM Web Bwrowser with required details. Then I went Approval Preview from Contract Header Data and I found that Ad-hoc Agent not found mesaage under this Tobe approced by - no approval available.

Kindly guide me to get solution for my issue.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Thansk,

Sudarsan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the BADI bbp_wfl_approv_badi~get_remaing_approvers ?

Check out the sample BADI's provided by SAP. The approval_table has to be filled using the BADI.

As you said SC and PO in SRM requires no approval in your scenario, i assume the code in the BADI would be written in such a way that no approval is required.

Hope the following pseudo code helps..

METHOD if_ex_bbp_wfl_approv_badi~get_remaing_approvers .

DATA:

ls_header TYPE bbp_pds_sc_header_d,

ls_approver TYPE bbp_wfl_approval_table_badi,

lv_approval_index TYPE bbp_wfl_approval_table_badi-approval_index,

lv_guid TYPE crmt_object_guid.

DATA:

• item fields and structures

ls_item TYPE bbp_pds_sc_item_d,

lt_item TYPE TABLE OF bbp_pds_sc_item_d,

• accounting structures

ls_account TYPE bbp_pds_acc,

lt_account TYPE TABLE OF bbp_pds_acc.

• Business objects

CONSTANTS:

c_shop TYPE crmt_subobject_category_db VALUE 'BUS2121'.

• Instead of c_shop use c_contract what ever applicable.

• (c_contract TYPE crmt_subobject_category_db VALUE 'BUS2000113').

• map char32 to raw16

MOVE guid TO lv_guid.

CASE object_type.

*(This function module BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL is for Shopping Cart). (Use appropriate one for Contracts to get the details).

WHEN c_shop. " Replace c_shop with c_contract.

• ----------- shopping cart ---------------------------------- *

• get the details of the shopping cart

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL'

EXPORTING

i_guid = lv_guid

i_object_id = object_id

IMPORTING

e_header = ls_header

TABLES

E_ITEM = lt_item

E_ACCOUNT = lt_account.

IF ls_header-created_by EQ 'EMP1'.

IF actual_approval_index LE 0.

Loop at lt_item into ls_item where del_ind is initial.

ls_approver-approval_index = 1.

ls_approver-approval_agent = 'MGR1'.

ls_approver-name = 'Manager 1'.

ls_approver-approval_description = 'Product Category Approval'.

APPEND ls_approver TO approval_table.

Endloop.

endif.

endif.

ENDMETHOD.

Regards,

PR.

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pathanjali,

Thanka s lot for your response.

I added code in BAdI as you mentioned. Still I am getting the same message.

Please let me know if you / all SRM Experts have any idea to get solution for my issue.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let me know if there was any code in the Badi before you added ?

if possible, copy the sample sap provided code, make a ZBADI and make changes in that to see how things work.

The code which i sent you might not exactly suit your requirements..

Regards,

PR.

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pathanjali/ SRM Experts,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I activated Contract Workflow - One-Step Approval of contracts (WS 14000088) and I assigned my manager as approver with agent assignment. I did not activate Approval N-Step for Contracts (BAdI) (WS 14000148) for Contarcts. So, could you please confirm, is it required to implement BAdI for One-step Approval of contarcts also. I think we dont need to have BAdI implementation for One-Step Approval of Contracts.

For One-step Approval process, I am getting message like Ad-hoc agent not found and No approval available.

I tried with Workflow without for Contract. I activated Workflow without for Contract (WS 14000086) and I deactivated other contract workflows. for this case I am getting error message like "Workflow is determined please inform System Administratosr'.

Presently I dont want to have N-Step for Contracts (BAdI) (WS 14000148) workflow.

Could you please guide me to get solution for my issue.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAdI BBP_WFL_APPROVAL_BADI (Determination of approver for n-step dynamic approval workflow)

This BAdI contains logic to determine the approver for each required approval step and it can evaluate criteria such as cost center, product category, document total value, etc. Following each approval, the BAdI is called up by the WFL System and it changes the approval chain by deleting or adding approval steps.

So, in your case BADI is not required for 1 step approval..

I am not sure how far the below note is going to help you.. Give it a try if possible.

Note 910925 - SRM Workflow: Ad-hoc agent not found.

Summary

Symptom

In the approval preview of SRM documents (shopping cart, bid invitation, purchase order ...) the following error message appears:

Ad-hoc agent not found.

Other terms

EBP, BBP, SAP Business-to-Business Procurement, Business-to-Business, Ecommerce, e-commerce, electronic commerce, e-business, Internet, Web, SRM, SRM server, Enterprise Buyer Professional, WFL, workflow, approval

Solution

Consider Note 632879 and activate the entry in the T77S0 table as described there.

-

Coming to Contract workflow without approval which gives error message:

How are the workflows without approval for Shopping Cart and PO working without any problems ?

Any settings has been done for them ?

Regards,

PR.

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using standard one-step contract workflow, then the approver is determined using the Manager of the concerned Purchasing organization unit. Therefore you need to set your contract approver as the Manager of the Responsible Purchasing organization which is maintained in the contract document.

You can directly put your approver in the Purchasing organization unit with 'Head of org unit' tick marked. Aternatively, you can right click the current position of the approver, then select 'Assignment--> Managerial assignment' , select the relevant purchasing organisation and save.

regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (0)