cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 RAR - Upload Objects - Text Objects - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone encountered the error as follows when importing Text Objects into GRC 5.3 Risk and Remediation (RAR):

Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 22 to host variable 5 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(2).

It appears after 10 seconds of processing the import file and then stops. I have review and scrubbed the data that came from the export on the ECC side - however, this has not made the error stop.

Please advise.

thanks!

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Open all TXT files in Word and check Technically for TABs and ENTERs and issue will be resolved.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I totally agree with Praveen. If you have any kind of special character in your text objects file, you would see this error. Remove the special character by going through the file and then upload the file again.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I was also getting the same error message while uploading the text in CC 5.3.

Solution = What we found is in the text file downloaded from SAP there was a special character § in one of the trancsaction code...We searched the text file for this special character and removed it from there... It get uploaded straigtway....

Parveen