Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI & Billing documents posted into different reporting periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

The problem

We have a situation where an Order was generated in January;

3 deliveries/ Post Goods Issued (PGI'd) were processed for this order - 2 in January and 1 in February;

And 1 billing document was created in February.

This has caused some problems in accounting in that Cost of sales and Revenue is posted into two different periods (i.e. January & February)

Customising

The billing relevance for this order type has been customised via 'Define item category' to 'B - Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty'

The order type is relevant for delivery; and

The billing quantity via Copying control: Delivery document to Billing document config is 'B - Delivery quantity less invoiced quantity'.

My question

Since delivery could cut across several reporting periods and has to be completed before an ORDER-RELATED billing is done. Are there any settings that could be customised in config such that Revenue will be posted along with the Cost of Sales at the point of PGI?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know whether the Actual GI Date in Delivery and Billing date differs in your case ??

In normal circumstances, your Actual GI Date will be your Invoice date in which case, I feel your question is answered.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 3 PGI for this order posted on 31.01.2009, 31.01.2009 & 01.02.2009 (i.e. Period 11) and the Billing document posted on 02.02.2009 (i.e. Period 12).

Thanks

Answers (0)