cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new fields on customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem because our users need to include one additional field on customers master data who will collect the number of days the supply department mustn't delay from the P.O. date in supplying the materials.

I don't know how to add a new field on standard tables, but I would like to know if there is any user exit, badi, etc. that could help doing this.

Nevertheless, if anybody knows of an standard way of covering this requirement I would be granted and would certainly assign ten points or even more!.

Regards,

Rushid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the number of days won't be bigger than 99, then you might be able to use one of the Attribute fields (KNA1-KATR1 ... KATR10).

Otherwise the customer master may be easily extended. In addition to the links already provided, read the note 577502 and documentation in SPRO. You'll also find some sites with screenshots and guides if you just use Google. However, if you don't even know how to add new fields in Dictionary, I'd recommend you just write a specification and give it to a qualified ABAP developer.

In any case, please keep in mind that, even if you start capturing this data in the customer master, some additional programming will be required to actually make some use of it. I mean SAP won't magically stop creating orders within specified number of days or anything like that.

To my knowledge, there is no standard functionality that would do what you're describing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rightly said but a small correction.

Using attribute fields [KNA1-KATR6....KATR10] 6-10, number of days can be as big as 999.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rushid,

Check with:

[Adding New Fields in Customer Master|]

[Adding New Fields in Customer Master|]

Best Reagrds,

Amit

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the badi CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your help. Nevertheless I must tell you that I hoped there should be a standard way of covering this requirement for P.O. due date. I think it must as it looks just like such a simple thing that all the efforts we are to invest on a custom program, apart for this additional field on customers master data, don't look logic when working in such a big ERP.

Sure there is no standard way of covering this?

Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is to add a field ZZ with an append in a table where you mantain data of customer (KNA1 if the data is for all organization levels, KNVV if the data is different for sales org. and so on).

For the steps for this BADI you can check this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/community/screenEnhancementsUsing+BADI

You can check this too:

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Eduardo