Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In returns (651M.Type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Guru,s

I taking goods returns from customer using movement type 651 thae following error coming no account doc generating.

"Material document 4900000289 does not include an accounting document"

Message no. M7082

But I use 655 movement type accounting doc generating why its like that.

please tell me I want to use only 651 only. any suggestions

Thanks & regards

sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

Possible work-arounds could be:

1. Path: SPRO->IMG->Materials Management->Purchasing->Account Assignment->Maintain Account Assignment Categories

Double click account assignment category 'A'. If you have been set GR non-valuated indicator ,goods receipt wouldn't generating accounting document.

2. T. Code: OBA7

Select Returns-Document Type and check whether Material is selected under Tab: Account Types allowed.

Also, check with suggestion, provided by Pankaj Singh, in to following thread:

[Material document does not include an accounting document|]

I hope, this will help some extent.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree Sree,

The solution for your question is described in SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63360a43a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If a returns delivery exists, the return should be posted in the Sales (SD-SLS) component, not in the Inventory Management component.

Depending on how Customizing for Sales is configured (the movement type is configured in the step Define Schedule Line Category), the delivery is posted to the following stock:

- Blocked stock returns (non-valuated, not unrestricted-use) (movement type 651)

- Unrestricted-use stock (movement type 653)

- Quality inspection stock (movement type 655)

- Blocked stock (movement type 657)

If the given quantity is posted to blocked stock returns first, you can make a manual goods movement posting in the Inventory Management component to transfer the quantity to valuated stock.

So, when the goods arrives in so called "Block stock returns" it is not your property, it belongs to the customer (the ownership has not changed) - it is not valuated. Whilest you post the goods to your own (plant) stock by 653/655/657 it becomes your property that's why it is valuated and material document will be created.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

I tried but material document is generating but accounting doc is not generating for 651 Movement type.

Any suggestions plz

Thanks

Sree

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What did you try? I didn't tell you anithying that you should try to do.

Please read my message again where I already explained you that no accounting document will be created, I also explained you the reason.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree Sree

What i was trying to explain in my last post was done very clearly by our friend Csaba Szommar and that link provided by him gives you all details

651 movement type is non vaulated (hence no accounting document) and blocked stocks and now i understand it was because of this reason in many places for return schedule line category DN people use movement type 655 so that it is in QI inspection straight away

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u

I am closing my thread

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree Sree

Return order the movement type can be 651 or 655

651 allows the stocks to be blocked Then the MMpeople moves that stocks to Quality inspection by t code MB1B by selecting the appropriate movement type(SAP recommended practise for returns)

655 allows the Return stocks to move straighy away to quality inspection

653 allows the Return stocks to move straighy away to back to unrestricted use (to be strictly prohibited)

Please check the soln provided for this thread is of any use to you or solving your error

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

655 mvt type is for quality inspection

regards