cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating OCA application in NWDS 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating mobile application for Handhelds (OCA) using mobile 7.1.

I created the service component, ui component and application component. Added the dependencies, build the application, uploaded the 3 components to the server, assigned it to my device.

But when I login into the mobile client in PDA, in application launcher screen, no application appears. In Device admin portal when i check, the status of MCD is installed.

Also when i simply run the application from NWDS using the built in PDA simulator, the application doesnt show any data and on the NWDS console i get the following error

2009-02-10 20:22:22 ... (com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.pers.PersistenceManager:release resultset) Thread: Finalizer Error: java.sql.SQLException: Result set is closed

I am sure the coding part is not a problem. As before this application i created a similar application for Laptops and its working fine.

Reply Awaited

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a problem with NWDS Plugins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

can you explain the solution of the post?

which was the plugin that created the problem and how you resolved?

Best regards,

Alessandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

Even I have faced an issue something very similar to this.

Plz. make sure that you have uploaded NWMCLIENT.sca file to the middleware using transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE,as suggested by Veera also.

These are few client-related files that we must have in DOE to run SAP NetWeaver Mobile Client successfully on our device.

Plz refer to below link,if required

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/65ad4ee0531aa8e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Hope it will solve the issue because the same thing worked for me also.

Regards,

Abhi

Edited by: Abhivyakti Srivastava on Feb 11, 2009 7:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera/Abhi

I have installed MinDB and all the required files on the PDA. It is synchronizing with the middleware.

On my NWDS PDA Simulator , the application is appearing but when i click on the application there is no data and it is giving exception

2009-02-11 13:02:40 ... (com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.pers.PersistenceManager:release resultset) Thread: Finalizer Error: java.sql.SQLException: Result set is closed

Madhu--

Please find my ans to the following points mentioned by you

1) BASIS SWCV must be assigned in the Distribution Model Software Component Version tab of the device.

It is assigned

2) Activate the "DISTRIBUTE_USER_DETAILS" Rule in the admin.

Rule is activated

3) Activate the "DISTRIBUTE_USER_AUTHORIZATIONS" Rule in the admin.

Rule is activated

4) Make sure that you have installed the following components in the following sequence in the PDA

- Creme

- MinDB/DB2e

- PDA_eswt_container

- PDA Runtime.

Client is installed in this sequence only. I referrred to help.sap.com while installing

the application should atleast work in the NWDS PDA simulator. My basic problem is it is not picking up the data. giving the above mentioned error.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Make sure that the rule is active in the admin.

In case your rule is active then,

1) Check the binding in NWDS

2) Check the outbound queue.

3) Check context mapping and

4) Also check if the data is visible in the Association Tables.

If you have done all the above and still the data is not coming then check to see if the data is coming upto the client data base using "DbVisualizer".

Go through the following link to learn more about "DbVisualize".

/people/stefan.henke/blog/2008/08/20/what-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-pda-development-in-mobile-71-part-1

Make sure u analyze the data in "DbVisualizer" , beacuse in case of older versions of the client , certain data types such as Raw may give you a problem.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

For the application to be visible in the PDA make sure that u have done the following :

1) BASIS SWCV must be assigned in the Distribution Model Software Component Version tab of the device.

2) Activate the "DISTRIBUTE_USER_DETAILS" Rule in the admin.

3) Activate the "DISTRIBUTE_USER_AUTHORIZATIONS" Rule in the admin.

4) Make sure that you have installed the following components in the following sequence in the PDA

- Creme

- MinDB/DB2e

- PDA_eswt_container

- PDA Runtime.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

I hope you have DB2e or MinDB installed on the device. If not remove the MCD from device, install the DB2e/MinDB, re install the MCD to the device. If you do not have the license for DB2e and you are not able to find MinDB in you DOE, then please upload the archive NWMCLIENT.SCA which is part of the file NWMCLIENTSETUP (zip file).

I hope that solves your problem.

Regards,

Veera