Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vistex -Configuration Billback Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI! All,

Need your help ASAP pl

We in Our company implementing Vistex-Billlback Mangement and need help for understanding the design and the way in which we can do the reconciliation in Vistex.

Process is

Createa Billback document with reference to Agreement and Invoice and accrue this.

Now when a claim is lodged in system how system do the reconciliation at this level to know that the claim is more or less then the accrued amount??

I would like to utilise Std vistex so pl help me in this. You can ask me all the questions possible in case you need clarification pl.

regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Finally, Have you got answer to your question? Looks like you have been searching hard to find answer to that question.

By the way, we are also planning to implement vistex.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for VERY VERY delay in reply. We implemented the VISTEX on our OWN and it is working Great!!!! we also did 2 sub project as phase II and those are also doing very good.

Please let me know if i can be of any help to any of Vistex IP billback query here.

thanks & regards,

Himanshu shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu

I was looking at your note about the Billbacks implementation. We are implementing billbacks.

1) How does the chargeback claim adjudication work in billback when the manufacturer verifies and  pays the distributor's claim requested amount? Any documentation will be helpful.

Appreciate it.

Cheers

Venky

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, there is no information available to general public regarding the Vistex module. Also very few consultants have any experience with it.

I would recommend to get help from a Vistex consultant or get some training from Vistex. If your employer is trying to save money by having you, by yourself, figure out how Vistex module works, it is not a good idea.

In any case, it is very unlikely that you'll get any response on SDN. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI! Jelena,

I know this and hence seraching for anybody who has implemented the Billback module. I see on website of Vistex lot of company's name so i am surprised people have not used the Product and also not sure.

regards,

Himanshu

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

The thing is - many companies might be using the Vistex software, but the implementation was most likely done by Vistex or some affiliated consulting company. The employees, who are now supporting SAP at those companies, not necessarily have enough knowledge on the configuration. Out of those employees, probably not that many visit SDN.

I worked at the company that used Vistex IP module (not sure if it's been renamed now) and every time we had any issues, usually we just reached to Vistex because it was more efficient. I don't believe there was much documentation available to us. And, if it was, those were mostly training materials for the end users.

You might want to check in FI forums (our Accounting/FI SMEs were usually the ones working with Vistex, not SD) or general discussion forums, but I doubt you'll get much response either. Also try your local ASUG group or some other channel.

Actually SDN forums are mostly meant for specific technical questions, not for distribution of configuration materials.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey !! thanks Jelena for update.

I have one very basic Questions and not getitng the right answer.

Look at this Business scenario

1) I have created Billback from Agreement and Invoice and I did accrued this BB like this there are various invocies I accrued thro various agreement and BB combination - I dont see any issues in Config here

2) now we have got Claim request from the Customer (for the same Partners) now how do I validate what is demanded by customer is same or less or more then the accrual happened thro the BB of Invoice??

So the issue here is mainly reconciliation of what accrued agains invoice need to be validated here in Claim document so I can take decision.

so Is this Billback module has got a possibility of reconciling in vistex ???

Let me know If you or any of your friennd can help me to understand this.

As you rightly said the document provided by Vistex are really Bad and not much helpful. looking at this i dont see this Product has really helped us much.

regards,

Himanshu

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if there are any IP transactions available for reconciliation. We used IP module to bill back the vendors and to pay commissions to our own sales folks. We've never received claims from customers, so I'm not sure how that works. Also I'm just an ABAPer and mostly dealt with technical aspects. Our Accounting department dealt with the documents and all reconciliations (if any).

If I had to run any reconciliation in SAP, I would probably just pull all the documents by customer number (VRKPA for billing, BSAD/BSID for FI docs). Not sure if there are any IP tables - use F1 button.

You can also search for Vistex transactions in SE93 - the names will start with slash (/ - /IP, I think).

No comments on the product itself, but all the Vistex employees I worked with were very nice and knowledgeable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jelena,

no hard feeling on the employees . I know these guys are really knoledgable and we did had some opportunity to interact with them they are great. May be as u said not much info is available in market hence no much knowledge sharing is becoming possible.

I wil try and reply to all the Guys who need my help on this module becasue whatever i know little about this product I can share for sure.

Hope for the Best and wish me best luck On i getting somebody to suppport these issues.

regards,

Himanshu