cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI service user getting locked frequently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my XI system user XIAPPLUSER is getting frequently . Can any one help me out. I checked the RFC's

and SLDAPICUST, exchange profile and everything seems to be fine. Any other possibilities that comes to your mind

Regards

Anish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anish

I am not sure what XI version you are using. See the notes below for the known locations that the XIAPPLUSER's password is maintained.

721548 XI 3.0: Changing the passwords of the XI service users

936093 XI 7.0: Change passwords of XI service users

999962 PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users

Keep in mind, if you use a Central SLD the XIAPPLUSER's password should be consistent on all systems feeding into the Central SLD e.g. on DEV, QA and PRD systems the XIAPPLUSER's password should be the same.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply. I already went through the notes..But it did not help me. I am using XI 7.0. Also

I am not using a centarl SLD. ANy other possibilities

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The user of PI is locked ,because logon with error password, You can check it with t-code sm19 open

audit logs, then you can check where & when user logon with error password.

rgz.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Change your password and do not share it with anybody.

That's the best thing to ensure that your objects get locked (if) only by you and nobody else.

If you are using a common ID and password, then try to ask your basis team for a new one on your name.

The problem is ,maybe when you are creating an object, somebody else is trying to edit it, or maybe activate it in the middle. Try to view the history and look for any version changes, after you have edited . You might realize the problem.

Regards,

Abhisek.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do you have any abap proxy business systems connecting to this XI system? The XIAPPLUSER is maintained in an RFC destination on the proxy business system. This could be where the password is inconsistent.

Also check all RFC destinations on your XI system and check if the user is maintained in any Communication Channels in the Integration Directory.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be some users might be sending data to XI system using that XIAPPLUSER and Wrong password.

This also possible... like in . in SOAP to XI to < Any System >

Thnx

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using this user anywhere in one of your Communication channels??

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I check that. I went to runtime work bench .. then ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean go to Integration Directory and then check all the corresponding Communication Channels for this user.

Regards,

Sarvesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition check if any of the rfc destinations in sm59 is using this user or not with the old password.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC ,Partner system connection .. all has been checked and it seems to be fine. How to check in communication channels. Can any one explain pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Communication Channels check if user XIAPPLUSER is being used then change the password and activate it.