cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read File identified by filename from File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any way to read a file (which is identified by a given name) by using the file adapter.

My scenario is the following:

Webservice -> PI -> File

I call PI via a Webservice. The webservice call contains the filename of the file that i'd like to receive as response. Is it possible to realize this scenario with PI - from my experience it is not possible. But i would appreciate if you have some alternative solutions for me.

BR,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not possible

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The webservice call contains the filename of the file that i'd like to receive as response

By this if you mean that the sender side payload contains the filename, then you may very well create a UDF and use the DynamicConfiguration.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/20/accessing-system-parameters-in-mapping-runtime

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That doesn't solve my problem.

As i described, i have a webservice which makes a synch call (containing the file name) to PI.

PI should then read(and not create!!!) the file with the given name and return the content of the file to the sender (WS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

you can't achieve required functionality by standard File adapter; you need to write adapter module to achieve it.

SAP says

If you are developing a module for the sender file/FTP adapter and want to access the file name, see SAP Note 819761

below is the link for Adapter module generation which might help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/61e1407e858031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Karna...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use variable substitution option in the receiver file adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

Regards

Vishnu

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

absolutely possible.

There have been same requirements posted on Forum. Search the same.

- Gujjeti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was searching for the requirements using the search functionality - what i am always doing before posting a new thred - but i couldn't find a similiar question.

Could anyony provide a more helpful answer ?

BR,

MArtin