cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro screen with multiple rows with columns that can be edited

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Web dynpro screen with multiple rows with columns that can be edited individually:

Hi

I am busy creating a screen in web dynpro for ABAP which we would like to make available via Portal ESS (Portal 7).

I need to add 'n type of table (or almost something like Excel) or something in which someone can type a few paycode numbers (there should be lets say 10 blank rows in which info can be typed in and if I click on a button or so, more rows must be added if necessary. Then in the other colums stuff like amounts must be entered which one should also be able to edit then and there.

Can anyone assist in what I can use for this? There does not seem to be some existing element that I can use.

Help will be appreciated.

Regards

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the feedback so far. I can do this, but because sometimes up to 40 entries must be made, I wanted to "shorten" the steps by not having to click on a button everytime.

I wanted blank rows which are editable untill I click another button so save the info. I will however look into this.

Thanks so much.

Regards

Debbie

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As I asked earlier, are you appending empty rows into the internal table before binding it to the context? This will create extra rows that are ready for input in the table. You can just do something like this:

data itab type standard table of sflight.
do 40 times.
  append initial line to itab.
enddo.

Just be sure that when you read the data back into the internal table before updating the database that you delete out any initial rows to avoid putting junk into the database.

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created the table with Cell Editors as Input fields. All looks fine when it display on the screen where I inserted the table etc, but when I run it in test mode, it only allows me to enter info in the first row. For the rest of the rows I have not access.

Please assist.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is create one button as 'Insert Row'.

in the event handler of that button loop through your context node and append it to an internal table which in turn would be binded to the node.

But before data binding insert initial line to the table and then bind.

So whenever you click on the button it will create one editable initial row in the table UI element and you can make entry.

thanks,

Subhasis.

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried the Table option, but seems to have problems making all the rows editable. Can you perhaps help with this?

Regards

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

Whiel Creating table you need to be care full that use chose INPUT FIELD as the CELL EDITOR. Just guessing that if ur table is not editable u might have choosen TextView as default cell editor type.

check link for details on TABLE UI

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/EN/b5/ac884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

easy way is to first add UI ELEMENT TABLE to your VIEW, then right click over it & select create binding from context. After you have a pop up where you can select what columns you want what should be its cell editor etc.

Greetings

Prashant

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What kind of problem are you having with the table approach? Have you appended empty rows to the internal table that you bind to context node source of the table UI element? Or are you having problems with the UI aspects itself?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Everything you describe sounds possible with the normal table UI element. Perhaps there is an aspect of your requirements that I am missing.