cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of excise invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In the customer return scenario, first the excise values are captured through transaction J1IEX, which generates an internal document no. The material is already defined as input material in J1ID and the customer is defined as a vendor and the same vendor no. is entered into the customer master. This is the usual process which was followed before doing transaction J1IEX.

Further if we require to make certain changes in the return order (change in quantity) we have to reverse the material document for return, delete the delivery and finally change quantities in the sales order.Simultaneously we have to make changes in the excise entries as well.

Can anybody tell me how to cancel the same document now which is created through J1IEX? Any valueable suggestion on this from anybody is welcome.

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In continuation to the scenario above, i would further like to know, the purpose of Additional excise tab in J1IH, as suggested in several threads which are already there on the reversal of excise scenario. Once i am capturing the incoming excise invoice without purchase order through J1IEX, it creates an entry in RG23A part II as Cenvat availed. Further, if the same return delivery has to be cancelled because of certain reason, the other adjustment tab is used to post the same excise amount which was captured earlier and it posts an entry into the same register as cenvat utilised. So, in effect both are getting nullified which is the desired purpose. Now, i want to know when and under what circumstances the additional excise tab used as it will also post an entry in RG23A part II.

It would be of great help if anybody explains to me the purpose of the same with specific examples. I request my friends who have been working on CIN for quite sometime to kindly comment on the same so that i am able to have some clarity.

Regards

Raj