Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration and Application Data

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to bring all configuration and application data to our DEV box from Production box for doing some unit testing as at present both systems are not in sync.

Kindly suggest which is the best option to go for it:

1. Client Copy with SAP_APPL profile (I believe this profile is suitable for bringing all configuration and application data)

OR

2. TDMS

Please share your views and suggestions as I am not aware about TDMS, it will be helpful if anyone can share me some links or docs regarding this also.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

TDMS is a gud way for doing this but is bit expensive you can go through this link and TDMS and APO can work together

http://service.sap.com/tdms > Media Library > Guides

here you can the updated information about TDMS and its work out

Thx

Shilpa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through Master Guide for TDMS 3.0. In this guide everywhere its mentioned the procedure for ECC, BW and CRM but APO is not mentioned.

As per my scenario its DEV and PRD box and its mentioned in the guide to create System Shell for non-production system and that's also for ECC, BW and CRM.

So I was curious if it can be used with APO system or not.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just going through .....If you have not found anything yet

Go to [Service Market Link|https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000689101]

Go to TDMS 3.0

Check- Operations Guide: SAP Test Data Migr. Server 3.0, Vers. 1.3 here

Check section 7.5 - TDMS and SAP APO

From this it seems TDMS can be done in case of APO as well.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

In our scenario, we want to create a new client in DEV box and copy only configuration and application data for unit testing to that new client.

Secondly I am not sure if we can use TDMS for APO systems also.

So it will be good help about the comparison in our scenario between Remote client copy with which profile and TDMS.

Regards,

Manish

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to bring all configuration and application data to our DEV box from Production box for doing some unit testing as at present both systems are not in sync.

Kindly suggest which is the best option to go for it:

1. Client Copy with SAP_APPL profile (I believe this profile is suitable for bringing all configuration and application data)

OR

2. TDMS

Please share your views and suggestions as I am not aware about TDMS, also as I have checked guides at service market place, these guides are pointing towards ECC, BI & CRM usage but in my scenario its APO system.

It will be helpful if anyone can share me some links or docs regarding this also.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Manish...

1. If you are doing client copy in a client which already contains the user master records, then you can just make a client copy from your PRD server to your DEV Server with the profile SAP_APPL. which can bring your application data.

This is the easiest way to bring your data from PRD to DEV server...

2. For TDMS...

Please go ahead by this link...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/tdms/testDataMigration+Server

this can help you.

Warm Regards.

Hassan Naveed