cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Network Authorization Objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to assign authorization for a perticular Network of a perticular WBS in a PS project.

BUt all the standard object i have checked dose not serve the purpose.

What is the standard procedure for doing that? Any object you know can be useful to me?

C_AFVG_APL PS: Work Center for Network Activities and Activity Elements

C_AFVG_TYP PS: Activity types for network act. and activity elements

C_AFKO_DIS Network: MRP Group (Plant) and Transaction Type

C_AFKO_ACT Activities on network header level

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

These WBS that you are talking about are they going to have anything different like the work center/cost center/profit center or a plant or they are similar in all aspects?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to use those field or data to give authorization at network level.

Cause then it will land up with lots of permutation and combinations.

Here there are huge projects.

I want to give authorization to a perticular network according to its idenfication No or Name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any standard object which will let you control access just by the network name.

Your best bet here would be to create a Z object which would require an authority check to be coded in a user exit. Although it is a very bad idea!!

You should explore an option to control access on the basis of costcenter/profit center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the project structure is very huge and they have only one Cost Center. Distribution of profit center dose not fit according to the Authurization requrements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well than i think Z object may be your only option....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check these authorization objects?

C_AFKO_AWA

C_AFKO_ATY

C_AFRU_AWK

C_AFVG_USR

This should work!

Regards,

Geetha

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This should work!

If you are so convinced you could throw in the extra effort and explain to us why it should work. That will enhance the usability of the thread for anyone who has the same problem in the future.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

The authorization object related to wbs in a ps project are

*)C_PRPS_ART you can use this object to control who can access WBS elements in the PS depending on the project type,

*)C_PRPS_KOK you can use this object to control who can access WBS elements in the PS depending on the controlling area assigned to them,

*)C_PRPS_KST you can use this object to control who can access WBS elements in the PS depending on the responsible cost center for the WBS elements,

*)C_PRPS_PRC you can use this object to control who can access WBS elements in the PS depending upon the profit center ,

*)C_PRPS_USR This authorization object is intended as a "master" for you to copy from when you create your own company-specific authorization objects for WBS elements, activities and activity elements.

*)C_PRPS_VNR You can use this authorization object to control who has access to the WBS elements in the Project System depending on the person responsible for the project ("project manager").

The best way to search for authorization object as i prefer is the use the tcode SUIM.

Hussain,One thing which i want to mention here is when u give this authorization object to any user plz check the authorization field also.where u r able to restrict a user for view/display,change, create etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geetha thanks for your anser but these objects are used for Production Planling and production orders.

They are no way related to the project structure. Network is a part of prject. I want to give authriztion for that.

Neo Thanks for your ans too. But The objects your have mentioned are used for WBS level. But I want for networks i.e. one level below WBS.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Could you plz mention some transaction which u want to restrict ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to work with project structure in CJ20n.

At network level level there is person responsible filed nor network type, So I have no options to use for giving authorization on network basis.

Edited by: Hussain S on Feb 13, 2009 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may need to use PARTNER Determination Procedure or implement ACL.

Regards,

-V.

VinayakaChenna on Apr 20, 2011 11:59 PM