cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access R/3 Application server data in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement, where in there is some material data is written onto R/3 application server.

Now I need to access this data from APO, i guess the approach could be via RFC....

Early answers with examples would be rewarded with suitable points.....

Thanks in Advance,

NSL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Simpler option would be to FTP the file from R/3 application server to APO application server with a

Unix script and then write a code in APO to read this file and update the LC.

2) Another option would be to write an RFC FM in R/3 to read material data and then post this

information into APO LC.

Please let me know if this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain the steps involved to write the R/3 appl server data to APO appl server with Unix scripts, with example...

But i beileve this can be done as,

Trigger a RFC in APO with the R/3 Application server path. Which in turn reads the data in designated path and returns back. So my question is, is there any standard RFC available in APO to achieve this.

Regards,

NSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to your first question is that usually a Unix person on the project writes this scripts which are simple and these move files from one server to the other.(in this case R/3 to APO)

Answer to your second question is that there is no STANDARD SAP FM which can read data from R/3 by doing an RFC call from APO.

We had followed optiion 1 when we faced a similar situation