SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured article (Set) in IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am using a structured article Set in IS-Retail which consists of components as other articles. I am not able to see the stock of main/parent structured article. When I do MB1C to increase stock of this struc article, only its components are increased. Similarly when I sell it using POS, only components are decreased.

Is there any way to manage stock of parent structured articles as well (along with component articles) ?

Thanks in Advance

Ankush

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

That is the function of structured articles.

There is no error in it.

But if you want to manage stock of structured articles,post with movement type 317.

When you post the parent item with 317,components item will be reduced accordingly based on

BOM.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

By structured article we mean prepack/ sales set /displays.

For Prepack:

Physical inventory is carried out at prepack level in the distribution center, but at component level in the stores.

For Sales set:

Inventory is managed at component level, if components can be sold separately. But it can be carried out at sales set level based on need.

For Displays:

Physical inventory is carried out at prepack level in the distribution centerThe inventory split is done in individual component level at stores.

So it depends where the parent material exist.

Anyways , you can use Tcode: RWBE, to have a better insite on the structured article both at component level or at main article level. But you may have to drill down proper level.

You can create structurted article stock using MB1B mvt type 317 hence stock of main article will be and components will be , and similarly split a structured article to components using mvt. type 318

stock of main article will be and components will be (+).

As may be the case.

Also

You can maintain Sales Set at Main/Parent Level or Component Level.

You can configure the system for mananging inventory at Main Level by the following menupath.

SPRO ->Logistics General ->Material Master -> Retail Specific Settings ->Settings for Structured Articles -> Structured Articles in logistics Process.

for both DC and Store, you give Split Type as "0".

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

0 Kudos

Thanks Anirban....This was very useful.

Regards,

Ankush