Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release strategy maxdb, os, sap

stephan_zehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

now this is my first question in this network

At the moment we have MaxDB 7.6.05.12 with SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 ext.110 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64.

Until 07.2009 we want to upgrade SAP to ERP 6.0 and at the moment I'm not really sure what I should do with the maxdb and the os.

We also want to migrate our SAP systems to VMWare ESX 3.5.

I want to upgrade the maxdb to 7.7. before we have the new SAP Release.

I also want to upgrade to microsoft windows server 2008 "during" the SAP release upgrade

now the question

Do you think it is possible or is this exemplary nonsense?

I found different information in sdn, service marketplace and other homepages about the availabilty and release strategies.

This is why I'm asking for!

Thanks,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We also want to migrate our SAP systems to VMWare ESX 3.5.

Be aware that VMWare will slow down your system. If you search the forum you will find quite a few statements about performance on VMware. Although supported I would not put high-volume system on VMWare.

I want to upgrade the maxdb to 7.7. before we have the new SAP Release.

I also want to upgrade to microsoft windows server 2008 "during" the SAP release upgrade

Windows 2008 is at the moment only supported for SQL Server 2008 (check http://service.sap.com/pam). However, this can change till July.

Actually I wouldn´t go for 7.7 until all the features available in 7.6.05 are available in 7.7 too (e. g. prefetching, if you use it).

Markus