cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Inspection Lot for 3 item in one material document - Inspection type 08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done stock transfer for a material with different batch ( One material - 3 batch ) from blocked to Quality stock. For this stk transfer system has generated only inspection lot considering only one batch, but inspection lot qty is say 70. I have done UD for the material for 20. Now for balance (50 belongs to other batch) i am not able to give the UD.

Please help me how can i proceed further. How to post the balance qty to unrestricted stock

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan - Are you having issues processing the stock transfer? Can you provide bit more information perhaps visually? Check this site out, it offers a way to captures you issues visually and also has some excellent QM training rsources.

http://www.spinact.com/contents/search_detail/695

Best,

Monty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

During stock transfer from blocked to QI (movemet type 349), system will generate inspection lot for each bacth. It will not create single (common) inspection lot for three batches. You have to process three inspection lots to clear the from the QI stock.

Please expalin the what transactions steps & movement types you have followed in your scenario, so that we can understand the issue correctly.

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vithal,

I am doing stock transfer using movement type 349. Inspection type is 08 and for this inspection type Control Inspection Lot Indicator is 1. It means sytem will generate inspection lot for " Each material document, Material, Batch & Storage location.

So due to this setting system has generated only one inspection lot considering only one material document. In this materal document I entered 3 line item.( Material is one and have 3 different batch with different stock.)

System has generated the inspection lot for first line item. Inspection lot qty is 60. I have give ud for 10. Balance 50 is pending for stock posting. I am not able to do the same.

Hope u can understand my problem. Plesae guide me how to do this.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kundan,

To post the balance quantity go to the transaction QVM2 (inspection lots with outstanding quantities)

select your inspection lot and do the stock posting for the balance quantity.

Thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

I know the qty what i have to post. QVm2 is applicable only when I do not know how much qty is pending for which lot to post. If you use this Trx Finally you came to QA12 Trx.Thanks...

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

Single inspection lot created against three batches is not only because of "Control Inspection Lot Indicator is 1. It means sytem will generate inspection lot for Each material document, Material, Batch & Storage location" but also during transafer posting you have put the destination batch (X) same for all three batches X,Y,Z (which is not recommended). If you would have put corresponding batches as the destination batches, system could have generated three separate inspection lots.

There are two possibilities:

A. Intentionally you have put the single destination batch X, then you have to post remaining quantity (50 units) from QI stock under single batch number (X) & you will not be able to see stocks of the remaining two batches (Y&Z)

B. By mistake you have put the single destination batch X, then you can follow the given steps to bring back the stocks of the remaining two batches(Y&Z).

1.Post remaining quantity (50 units) from QI stock under single batch number (X) to Blocked stock

2. Do the transfer posting (349) again. Now from batch is X & destination batches are Y & Z with corresponding quantities in two line items

3. Now two inspection lots will be created for X & Y

4. Process the inspection lots & post the quantities.

Please note that keeping a different destination batch in all other movement types except 309 is not recommended. Please coordinate with your MM expert before implementing the above solution.

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vithal,

Thanks for your reply.

I entered the three line item for stock transfer. Destination batch is not same. All r diferent XYZ. inspection lot qty is 60 for the batch X. As there was stock of 10 in batch X . So i have given the ud for 10. Now system is not allowing me to do transfer posting because in that batch X there is no stock.

Hope you r getting my points. Plesae guide me further.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any relevant sap notes for this issue?

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got the solution of my problem. I used SAP notes 48815.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got the solution of my problem. I used SAP notes.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please let me know, If you need any more input on this.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar