Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piece Lists

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Seniors,

In The Transaction SE01, we can find a tab with the name Piece Lists.

Could You please explain what are Piece Lists and what is the Role and use of Piece Lists in Transports.

Thanks and regards,

Chaitanya.C.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Chaitu brother,

I am sidardha. lastly i found you in SAP support portal.Please contact me on 9999406082 or share your mobile number.

Happy to see you again.

Regards,

Sidardha

naziem786
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Challa

We create piece list. My understanding of a piece list is to backup the objects of selected transports so that if things go wrong, you can revert the changes back

Best Regards

Naziem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chait,

Peice list is nothing but "Freely Created Object List"

You can use this request type to set up your own object lists and save them under a name of your choice

Piece lists have the following attributes:

You cannot release them; this also means that you cannot transport them.

They have an object directory entry and are therefore assigned to a package.

They have the same transport attributes as all objects in this package.

If you have assigned the piece list to a transportable package, then when you make changes to the piece list the entry LIMU COMM <piece list name> is made in your current change request.

After the change request has been imported, the piece list is also in the target system of the request; however, the objects entered in the piece list are not automatically included in the transport.

Regards

Chandra

former_member229034
Participant

Hello Markus and Chandra,

Firstly, Thank you for the replies.

I have already been through the Link in help.sap.com. That didn't give me a practical approach. I want to know how to work with Piece Lists and what is the Use of Piece Lists.

I need to syntax Check Multiple Transport Requests at once. Is it possible using Piece Lists or is there any other way to do it.

Thanks and regards,

Chaitanya.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos