cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway of produced material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I have extended my Finished material to a warehouse ......but after I am confirming the material no WM releated movement is taking place ......(it is not moving to storage type 901)....

Please suggest me what can be probable reason for the same.......

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The very purpose of interim storage type to be an interface to IM. When you post GR against a PrdOrd the suitable quantity appears in 901 "from nothing".

WM movement types comes into picture when you put wawy the stock from 901.

It is the same as GR: material arrives at 902, the quant appears from nothing. You will see WM movement type 101 if you process the TR and this way you get the TO.

Regards,

Csaba

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I'm sorry but I am not very clear ........can you please re-phrase your advice ...when I confirm the order then the finished goods is ready & then it will move to interim storage type. I believe that from there when I will confirm the TO it will be places in the storage type based on the strategy.

Thanks

Kaushik

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

When you do GR against PO:

1. The material is booked by mvt 101 in IM.

2. In standard system the quant appears "from nothing" in storage ype 902 (w/o any WM movement)

3. In standard system a TR is created as a consequence of IM booking.

4. Processing the TR you get the TO and place the material to the suitable bin (from 902+dynamic bin)

When you do GR against PrdORd the steps are the same, the only difference that SAP uses storage type 901 for production orders.

So, when the goods movement is posted by IM-mvt 101 against PrdOrd no WM-movement takes place. The WM-movement takes place when you get the TO from the TR. Through the TO ou place the material from interim storage type 901 to normal bin (where you waant to store it).

(Interim storage type serves as an interface, the quant appears as a consequence of IM booking, w/o any WM movement )

Regards,

Csaba

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

When I have confirmed the order the finished good is moved to storage location .......but what about the placement in the storage bin....... there is no TR created when I have confirmed the production order so that I can move the material from interim to permanent storage type...

Even the material has directly moved to storage location rather than moving to the interim storage type.......

Thanks

Kaushik

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Did you post the goods (IM-mvt 101) into a WM-managed SLoc?

2. Please check the WM-IM interface: SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement Types - here go into "LE-WM Interface to IM" > Is TR creation set for mvt 101 with movement indicator "F"?

If you posted the goods in a WM-managed SLoc and no TR had been created you can use LT01 / LT10 to move them to normal storage type.

To slove the problem in the long run, please set WM-IM interface properly.

Please give the necessary information.

Regards,

Csaba

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

1.) I did post the material is warehouse managed storage location.

2.) Please check the WM-IM interface--- It is configured to create TR for Production order with ref

warehouse movement type 103.

I am not able to understand why the TR is not getting created when I am confirming the order .......

Please let me know if you need any further information on the same

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have maintained following data in movement type 103

SPRO-WM-Activities-Transfers-Define movement types

1.Storage type 901 with dynamic bin tick.

2.Requirement type -Order

Also please check the Assignment movement type in OMLR you have assigned 103 WM movement type to 101 reference movement type with TR creation tick for the movement indicator "F"

I belive this should solve your problem.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WM-IM interface (SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement types)

- In standard system the suitable IM-mvt: 101 (GR for order; quantity). Movement indicator is "F", the belonging reference mvt is 101.

- WM-mvt is 103, TR creation is set for it in WM-IM interface.

WM-mvt type (SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Transfers >Define Movement Types) - here check WM-mvt 103 for your WH

Source storage type: 901

Scr. indicator is set

Shipment type: "E"

Requirement type: "F"

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba/ Prashant,

It is working fine ........ thanks a ton for your advice .

I have a small query that when I am checking the document for order in Go to -> WM Pick list

Documents for order ... I'm able to see only the document with 319 movement type ...but I am not able to see the document with movement 103...

Please suggest

Thanks

Kaushik

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason of it is not too difficult:

WM-mvt 103 is used to put away the FG after confirmation. Whilest WM-mvt 309 is used for material staging.

During material staging you move the components from normal bin to storage type 100 (standard system) into dynamic bins (based on your settings). /At this phase no IM booking takes place, the components are moving only within WH - in this process you provide the goods for production. This is "picking" (to collect the components for production)/

So, picking and confirmation are two different things in production. WM-mvt 103 comes when you post the GR against PrdOrd. But you won't see this in CO15 / CO11N directly, only IM-mvt 101.

Regards,

Csaba

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the sharing the information ...... is there any way to view the documented movement type 103.......... so SAP uses it internally & we cannot view the same

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, when the TO for putaway (from 901) is created you can see it in LT22.