cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Hierarchy : With Summary Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Project type customizing we are having a selection field for the "Task Hierarchy", one of the field is "With Summary Tasks".

What is the functional utility with this field selection ?

I have gone through the help for that. I want to learn more for the "Record time" function in the same.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see the details about Task Hierarchy below.

With summary tasks:

You can create the task hierarchies but you can only execute some activities on tasks that do not have any subtasks, for example: Record time, enter qualification, assign project roles.

You can collect this information for the subtasks and display it in aggregated form on the higher-level summary task.

Without summary tasks:

You can build task hierarchies and can execute all activities on any level of the task hierarchy. There are no summary tasks.

Regards

Yogesh

Please award points fro useful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through the same in the help file, actually i want to understand how it can help in aggregating the data through confirmation.

For example, with the assumption of "with summary tasks" as task hierarchy type, we are having a structure. Wherein, the task is having three subtasks below it. In the additional data tab page when we maintain diff values (work in hours) for those subtasks, it will be seen as a summation in the parent task. Similarly after release when we confirm the timing for those three tasks then also it will be seen as a summation in the parent task.

But when any of those subtask is not fully confirmed and if I want to confirm the partial status with the "Percent Complete" field there, its not showing me the confirmed hours (as a percent of total maintained hours for that subtask) automatically, and everytime I have to manually calculate the number of hours to confirm there.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Answers (0)