Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Message archival

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working on XI 3.0 support project.

This project was implemented around 1.5 years back.

Hence there are lots of messages present in the current XI System

My company now wants to follow an archival policy for these existing messages.

I already have information on how to archive the messages.

What I want to know is which is the best policy that should be followed to archive such huge amount of data.

Pls let me know as this input is very vital for our progress.

Thanks and Regards

Neetu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check this might help you /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2009/01/14/deletion-and-archiving-in-pi

You can directly delete the messages if that is not affecting your business and messages are saved in some other system.

To archive you can start with selection of message interfaces in archiving and schedule the job in SXMB_ADMIN.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neetu,

the most important point is mentioned by Vishnu as third item. Archiving has to be configured before message processing takes place. This is because the interface action (deletion/archiving) is assigned to each message individually right when the Integration Server/Integration Engine is entered.

Please do not run report RSXMB_SET_ITFACTION_TO_ARCH in XI3.0. Starting this report might impact the data integrity seriously because XI persistency layer has changed significantly. Correction instruction 0120061532/685866 (attached to OSS note #789352) is released for APPINT200_620 (XI2.0) only.

For XI3.0 and above SAP introduced a functionality to change the interface action from 'deletion' to 'archiving' belatedly (this direction only!). This functionality is included in report RSXMB_DEL_TO_ARCH which is part of the standard as of XI3.0 SP22 / PI7.00 SP16. The report is quite complex and therefore it is not available as an advanced correction per OSS note.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are not many different ways to archive/delete (w.r.t to settings).

This link has information http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

links from above replies give step-by step approach.

1) Based on business requirements, the archiving/ retention periods are set for the msgs/interfaces.

2) You need to arrange storage space for the archived objects..possibly in a different server, that is when you reach a stage that you may not need these messages immediately. but you can always restore the file to right location in the XI/PI server & the msgs can be viewed from the "archived msg" option

3) Under normal circumstances you cannot archive the old messages from the above settings (for your scenario). You need to configure the archive settings for Interfaces which you need to archive before they are run.

For old messages you need to perform additional tasks as described in the note 789352.

4) This sap note has a lot of information - 872388

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like you to go through the following links and decide, which best suits your requirement:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2009/01/14/deletion-and-archiving-in-pi