cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pagination Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Community,

I am facing a rather complex issue while implementing my adobe form. My form consists of 8 Body Pages, based on three different master pages. First and last master page are Portrait A4 Formats, the second one is Landscape A4. On the first two pages there is some static content, no problem at all. My problems start with the third Page. On that one, I have an iterating subform. Therefore I have the pagination settings for this subform set to:

Place: On Page Area 1 (a A4 vertical Master Page)

After: "go to next page"

On the fourth Page, the settings for the subform are:

Place: Following Previous

After: continue Filling Parent

The Fith Page has the settings:

Place: On Page Area 2 (A4 horizontal)

After : Go Next Page

This works fine so far. Now there is the tricky part: Under some conditions, the Forth Page has to be hidden out. When doing this, the page is being hidden, but there remains an emtpy page between the 3rd and the 5th Page. This Page is being generated, because of the setting on the 3rd page ("After: go to next page")

Unfortunately I cannot set the Masterpage2 and the property "following Prevois" for the 5th page to avoid this empty page.

Any help?

Kind Regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may seem confusing.As i understand you have 5 pages. But in some situations you have to hide the 4th page.

If the above is true , I think what you can do is keep the 4th page (the one that you have to dynamically hide) as the last page. In the pagination tab there is a propert "After Goto Page" where you can give page numbers.So you can control pagination from this property.

Your final pagination properties can be as follows

Page1 - After - Goto Page - Page2

Page2 - After - Goto Page - Page3

Page3 - After - Continue Filling Parent

Page4 - After - Goto Page - Page5

Page5 - After - Continue Filling Parent

I hope i have got the question right..

thanks,

Virag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virag

Your hint sounds interessting. Unfortunately (at least in my Life Cycle Designer 7.1) I am not able to set a Page Number as a "Pagination-After Property". I am only able to set Page Areas here, the application does not allow me to set Page values.

Kind Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I am using Designer 7.1.

When i goto Pagination tab i see the following options :

Continue Filling Parent

Goto Next Content Area

Goto Content Area > (List of all content areas)

Goto Next Page

Goto Page > (List of all Pages)

Anyways, what i am trying to say is that the Page sequence in the "Hierarchy" view is pretty logical and you should be able to control it from the above pagination properties.

Meanwhile, I will try a scenario myself and try.

Forgot to mention that i select the main subform of the page and then goto pagination.

Thanks,

Virag

Edited by: Virag Shinde on Feb 11, 2009 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Go to Content Area" lists all Content Areas, "Go to Page" litsts all Page Areas (of the Master Pages). Since I am having only three Master Pages, I only see 3 Page Areas for selection.