Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Purchasing groups in several purchasing organizations

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're facing a problem concerning purchasing groups in different purchasing organizations.

What we'd like to have in PPOMA_BBP is the same PGRPs for different PORGs:

PORG 1234

--> PGRP xyz

--> PGRP abc

PORG 5678

--> PGRP xyz

--> PGRP abc

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did this work for you? I have the same requirement and any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

JR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

it is not possible and there is no workaround. We had the same issue and changed the error message to a warning message for testing. But afterwards we faced a lot of issues in the flows and tables related to shopping carts and purchase orders.

The only solution was to create new purchasing groups in the backend.

Best regards

Achim

Edited by: Achim Derksen on Feb 13, 2009 12:33 PM

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

thanks a lot for your answer.

so unfortunately there's no workaround here. What do you mean with "changed the error message to a warning message "? Do you mean you changed the error message in PPOMA_BBP to a warning message and were therefore able to set the set the same purchasing group for several purchasing orgs?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Henning

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

I confirm what was written above: in the Organizational Structure, it is not allowed to assign, for exemple Purch. Group xyz to Purch. Org. 1234 AND 5678.

Nevertheless, as mentioned by Achim, you can customize message BBP_PD 019 using view BBPV_PDMSG in SM30 transaction in order to add allowed message type (Warning, for exemple).

Then, in SPRO, you can influence message control to switch from standard type (Error) to the one needed.

Finally, using BAdI BBP_PGRP_FIND, you can determine for Purch. Group zyz Purch. Org. you want.

Note that when you activate this BAdI, the Enterprise Buyer standard determination is deactivated in all applications. This means that standard Product reponsability and/or Organizational responsability in "Responsability" tab for all Purch. Groups is deactivated: so, you will have to manage all existing scenarii in your system.

Regards.

Laurent.

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Is it also possible that you are speaking of the

BBP_ATTR 030 Purchasing group &1 in system &2 already assigned to &3

in SM30 BBPV_PDMSG? Because this is the exact error message we get in PPOMA_BBP when trying to assign a purchasing group which is already assigned to another Purchasing Org.

I tried to make the changes in SM30 to BBP_PD 019 --> Allowed EW and Standard W and also tried to add and adapt the one I found (BBP_ATTR 030).

Unfortunately there we no effect at all even after setting the type to W in SPRO--> Influence Message control. Which Business Object should I change/adapt here?

Best regards,

Henning

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

Sorry, i made a mistake on error message you were talking about.

Message BBP_ATTR 030 is for attributs in the Organizationl Structure. This is not this message you have to switch. So, don't try to add in the Org. Structure same Purch. Group to several Purch. Org. Keep only one Purch. Org. for your Purch. Group.

Then, by using BAdI i mentioned, change Purch. Org. depending on your functional need.

Finally, maintain message BBP_PD 019 for all Purchasing Documents needed in order to not be a blocking error message. This message is the one used to check Purchasing Documents consistency.

In this way, even if you have only one Purch. Group assigned to one Purch. Org. in your structure, you will be allowed to create document with Purch. Group assigned to several Purch. Org.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PORG 1234

--> PGRP xyz

--> PGRP abc

PORG 5678

--> PGRP xyz

--> PGRP abc

Is that possible - Not possible.assume that abc is a backend purchase group.

if you tried to do .you may get following error message in the org structure.

purchase group abc in system backendlogiclalsystem already assigned to porg 1234 .

regards

Muthu

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

yes you are right. abc and xyz are backend purchase groups.

And we're facing this exact problem you mentioned with "purchase group abc in system backendlogiclalsystem already assigned to porg 1234".

Isn't there any workaround?

Kind regards,

Henning