cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro - Getting Company List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have developed a simple web dynpro application using (BAPI_COMPANY_LIST). This Bapi list out all the company available in the IDES system.

<b>But this is giving following exception

can some one help in solving this looking into the stack trace? The message is Bapi0014_1 could not be loaded ...

I checked in the dictionaries -> Model -> Datatypes -> structures Bapi0014_1 is present there.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.demo.model.types.CompanyListModel:com.sap.demo.model.types.Bapi0014_1 could not be loaded:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: Type com.sap.demo.model.types.Bapi0014_1 does not exist</b>

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

Message was edited by: satyabrata panda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Generally that exception is encountered when the JCO connections are faulty or the data is not getting retrieved properly fomr the R/3 side.

Since you are saying that the JCO is fine and the structure is defined in the dictionary,

chek whether the mappings are done properly and execute the BAPI and deploy the application.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you please explain on this point ...

<b>chek whether the mappings are done properly and execute the BAPI and deploy the application.</b>

I am not able to get what does this line means <u>exceute the BAPI</u> means.

Is there any thing to be done in the code in NWDS?

I have tested the BAPI in ABAP it is giving me all the result.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I meant test the BAPI in ABAP only.

Since it is working fine then i think you need to check with your mappings.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

May be reimport the model and and restart the J2EE engine will solve the problem, it seems the types are not imported properly.

otherwise you are trying to access the contextnodes before executing the BAPI.

thanks,

Damodhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhor,

I have tried reimporting the model and restarted the j2ee engine as well but still the same problem.

In the NWDS (Dictionaries -> Data types -> Structures) I am able to view the structure (Bapi0014_1) and also there are java files getting generated for the same.

<b>I could not understand the second part of your answer.

What is the meaning of trying to access the context nodes before executing the BAPI.</b>. Can you please throw some more light on this? I think there exists some solution for this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested the JCO connections, those are working fine.I have restarted the SLD Bridge and WebAS as well.

The sample tutorial given by SDN (Flight List and Flight Booking) is working fine. but the simple application to get the list of Company is giving me exception.

I am using BAPI_COMPNY_LIST.

Please refer to the stack trace mentioned above.

Please check if you have any suggestion on this.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello panda,

just check the jco's.if jco's are correct go to sld administraton. stop and start the bridge.after that go to r/3 and execute transaction 'RZ70'for exporting meta data of r/3.if possible restart the was.

hope this helps for u

Regads

Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error comes when the JCo Connection to BE is not proper.

Did you test the JCo Destinations?

Are the connections working properly?

Check both the Application Data and Meta Data Connections.

The userid/password may be wrong or the server connection parameters may be wrong.

Thanks and regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, I have checked the JCO connection is proper. I have tested for the JCO ( application data and Meta Data).

One thing I am very much surprised... The tutorial example ( Getting Flight List and Flight Booking is working fine ) but when I am trying this simplest BAPI .. Getting Company List (there is no Input as well)

Can Anybody try this BAPI ( BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST) and tell me if you are facing the same problem as me.

I need your help in this.

<b>Also I have found one difference .. In tutorial example the BAPI has return type as BAPIRET2 but in my case the return is of Type BAPIRETURN. Is there any problem with BAPIRETURN.</b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you kindly post the code where you are invoking the BAPI?

Thanks and regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I have not added any code yet to invoke BAPI.

I have just added the model context to custom controller and after that I have added the context mapping to the View and at this point itself if I am deploying the application I am getting the above exception. My JCO connections are working fine and there is java file generated for the Bapi0014_1 but still it is saying type not found exception.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody help me in solving the above mentioned issue?

I am not able to proceed further on this.

is there any way to debug the web dynpro application?

Thanks

Satya