cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a sample Mobile Sales Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying out a sample scenario on "Finalization of Store replenishment order". The detail steps are as follows

-

Setting up of Master data - Product, Customer, Price & downloading to Handheld

Establish & review Store-SKU safety stock levels, service levels, replenishment frequency, lead times and all paramters required to generate Store-SKU replenishment order

Get Store-SKU historical sales (based on warehouse to store shipment data) data for the last 12 weeks

Review forecast generation parameters

Generate statistical forecast

Finalise forecast considering impact of promotion, seasonality etc.

Download Store-SKU forecast to Handheld device

Capture Store-SKU inventory - Actual BOH

Generate suggested order where Suggested Order = Safety Stock + Sales forecast - Actual BOH

Validate Suggested Order with Store Manager

Modify Suggested Order & confirm as Final Order

Communicate Final Order to warehouse; assign priority to order

Allocate inventory to Final Order at warehouse and assign scheduled delivery date/time

Update scheduled delivery date/time of Final Order to Store Manager

-

My questions are

1. What are the BAPI wrappers that I need to use to achieve the functionality

2. Does SAP provide a readymade solution for the above scenario

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your reply. I have few queries

In the reply, you have quoted as below

-

In the case of file system . u cannot manipulate as the entire data is stored as a .dat file corresponding to each syncBO. We can see the data by opening thisuse notepad . (do not modify )...

-

When u say do not modify, do you mean the data stored by FIle IO cannot be modified even by using data access SyncBO APIs provided by MI. Is it that the data stored in .dat file is readonly.

Cant I use data access APIs provided by SAP MI using classes SyncBO,Row,Field etc.

For eg:

Get a SyncBO instance from SyncBoDataFacade via one of its getter methods.

mySyncBo = SyncBoDataFacade.getSyncBo(<id>);

Replace a row.

myChangedRow = mySyncBo.getRow(<row descriptor or query>);

myChangedRow.setFieldValue(<field descriptor>, <value>);

mySyncBo.replaceRow(myChangedRow);

Is mobile db a necessity for a two way synchronization

Please clarify my confusion.

I have gone thru the link that you provided.

As We are doing a demo application, so we cannot buy a DB2E license for 30$.

Can I get a trial license of DB2e without any fee.

Has SAP customized DB2E and selling it for 30$ or can I use the trial version of DB2e provided by IBM

I am right now working on MI 2.5 SP09.

There was a discussion regarding Maxdb from www.mysql.com

Is it a database for SAP MI.Is it an alternative db for DB2e

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

what i mean is , do not modify the data (.dat file ) using Notepad or other text editors . that i meant..

U can Read,Insert ,Modify,and Delele data using the Smart Sync API and Persistence API.

hope u got it..

<<Is mobile db a necessity for a two way synchronization>>

In PDAs , we can use File System and DB2E..

Main purpose of Mi application is , that can be manipulated in offline mode.... So for storing data in offline mode data base is necessary.. By default it is using File System.. U can use DB2E in place of File S ystem. But here the risk factor is , it will take much more memory as some additional jar files has to be loaded for its working.

2)-- i dont have much idea about this qn.. Anyway , there is one licencing issue is there for Db2E based on the number of installations...

I think demo versions are available .. exactly dont know...

3)Ya , Max DB is also supporting DB for MI applications..

Its the proprietary DB of SAP... This is recommended for Win 32 Systems .. ForPDA -- DB2E or File System.....

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I found the links very useful.

I have another query.

After the synchronization, where does the SAP MI client store the data on the mobile device. We are not using any mobile database. Can I use Sync API's to access the data if there is no mobile db.

Should we use a mobile db to make the local data persistent.

What amount of information can it store on the mobile device without a db. Is there any cap on it.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

After synchronization , all data related to that application will be downloaded to the modile device .

(that can be Laptop ,PC ,or PDA )...

all details of the data base for PDA and PC is discussed in this forum..

just ahve a look at this also.. for DB2E..

http://www.devx.com/IBMDB2/Article/28552

u can use DB2E or File system itself for mobile devices like PDA. But file system itself is the better option ,since DB2E will take much more memory .

In the case of file system . u cannot manipulate as the entire data is stored as a .dat file corresponding to each syncBO. We can see the data by opening thisuse notepad . (do not modify )...

In the case of DB2E , i think database administrator tools are there . But is not recommended to install in the PDAs. All data will be stored as tables in DB2E.

In the case of File system . all data will come under as .dat files in <Drive>:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\<Device ID>\ ..

I think for file system there is no size limitaion in PC. But in PDAs that will depend upon the capacity of the PDA.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are a developer, can you start do develop your webapp checking the templated provided from Netweaver developer studio. your webapplication utilize smart sync or generic sync?

check the list of bapi for your sap release, probably the bapi entergoods is avaluable.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If you are going for a custome application , then u only get the standard BAPIs related with your particular requirement.

There is some BAPI Wrappers in MI server itself , but i am not sure u can make use of that for your custom applications.

For your custom MI Application , the first step is the creation of BAPI Wrappers. In this BAPI Wrappers , u can internally use the standard BAPIs provided by SAP for SAles Order and all those things..

Just go through these links for getting idea about BAPI Wrappers ...

<u>What is a BAPI Wrapper ?</u>

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/smartsync/what_is_a_ba...

<u>Application Development Process</u>

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/smartsync/app_dev_proc...

<u>Developing a simple Smart Sync Application</u>

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/tutorials/smartsync/definings...

<u>Smart Sync API</u>

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/smartsync/architecture...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan