cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Way To Deploy A Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to deploy my Web Dynpro Application using the Netweaver Dev Studio, but I am unable to do so, does anyone know of any other way to Deploy my Web Dynpro Applications.

Please do let me know.

Best Wishes,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

When you try to deploy what does NWDS say?

What is the error it gives?

Have you configured the server properly in NWDS?

If you need steps to configure the server and to build and deploy kindly let us know.

Thanks and regards

RK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RK,

I have configured the Server Correctly and was able to deploy my WD applications, but now all of a sudden the Deployment fails.

Is there a way we can deploye a WD applications, like how we Package a Portal application into a Par and then UpLoad using the PDK Archive Deployer and remover can we do the same with Web Dynpros, also I am attaching the error:

Mar 17, 2006 1:49:20 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR: 
[043]Deployment aborted 

Settings
SDM host : sapep
SDM port : 50018
URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME~1/johnbr/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp56130WD01_Basics_ModellingUI.ear

Deployment exception : CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null".
Inner exception was : 
CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null".

Thanks for you help,

Best Wishes,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can deploy manually using the Visual Administrator. Start the Visual Administrator with:

<drive>\usr\sap\<your_instance_name>\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat

Go to <your_server> -> Services -> Deploy. click the button on the right "Deploy" (or "Deploy & Start"), select your EAR and proceed accordingly.

Hope this helps you'

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For a WD application you get an .SDA file.

It will be present in the server location.

Take the sda file and log on to SDM. You can do this using remotehui.bat file. After logging in you can deploy the sda file there. There are just 3-4 steps which you can follow. It is easy.

Thanks and regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

<i>CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String: "null".</i>

Your *.ear file was built incorrectly. Try to reload project and rebuild. Or restart IDE and rebuild.

With such error neither tool will be able to deploy this file.

VS