cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category TAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I create a sales order with item category TAK material, how does system calculates the delivery date.

There are no dates maintained in material master MRP views (all fields filled with '0' days).

could you please let me know how the system calculates delivery date in this case?

B Regards,

Bhaskar.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please tell us how the issue got resolved .

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Item category TAK in standard setting is used for Make-to-order items.

As this is a customised material, so we do not keep stock for this type of material. Once after receiving the order, we prepare the material as per the customer's requirement/specification.

So, for this type of material, automatically a production order is created dorectly from the Sales order (in make to order with assembly processing).

You can check the schedule line of the material, in the item details > "schedule line" tab click on the "procurement" tab below.

In this csreen , you will find the ASSEMBLY ORDER NUMBER(production order) for the Sale order created.

Now, click on the "Header" button of the assembly order, where you can see the production details (start date , end date etc.).

The next date of the "End date" of aasembly order becomes the "Material availability date" for SD and system does a scheduling taking this date, finally gives a confirmed delivery date.

Suppose end date fo assembly order is 11/02/2009, then Material Availability date for SD is 12/02/2009, system then adds up the different lead times and gives the confirmed delivery date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

I have created a sales order with item category TAK material and saved. When I went into the sales order to see the Assembly Order in Schedule line of the material, I haven't find any field like that.

Here the procurement type is E and no number of days maintained in material master data.

B Regards,

Bhaskar.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

TAK is a MTO item. Inhouse production time / GR processing time & planed delivery time hsould be maintained in MRP2 -> MM01. Or check in MRP3 screen. Total replenishment lead time should be maintained. Else system will take next day as available date.

If not maintained may be there may be some customized process for that.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't maintained any dates in MRP2 or in MRP3 views of material master data. and also system is not giving next day as delivery date. system is taking 2 to 3 days to give delivery date.

could you please let me know the reason?

B Regards,

Bhaskar.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it takes the next day as delivery date.