cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MD41 & MD02

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is difference between Difference between MD41 & MD02 ? When do we use MD41 instead of MD42 ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor

Hi,

MD01 = Is a Total MRP run which considers only those materials which containes MRP type PD/P1/P2/P3/VB/VM.

MD40 = is a Total MPS run and used for MRP types M0/M1/M2 etc.

now come to MD02 and MD41

MD02 = Single Item multi level.With use this transaction you can run MRP for single material but system will planned up to its last level of BOM.So its called as single item multi level.

But but but most important condition is MPS mrp types (M0/M1/M2) are not allowed this run.

While MD41 is also a Single Item multi level and can be used to run MRP up to last level of BOM.

But its advantage over MD02 is it can be used for both PD and M0 types of MRP types.

So if one or more Components or Header materials contains MRP type M0 in that case you have to run MD41 instead of MD02.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member347943
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the mrp type of the material is set to PD, both md02 and md041 can be run. In my view, i observe the planning results (md04) for the same material when running md02 and md41 and the planning result is same. I hope it could be useful for you.

best regards,

Kevin

rohit_chauhan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MD41 is Single Item Multi Level MPS run while MD02 is Single Item Multi Level MRP run. And MD42 is Single Item Single Level MPS run.

The materials marked for MPS in Material Master will be picked when MD41 or MD42 are used. While MD02 will pick the material marked as PD in MRP type.

Suppose there is an assembly 'A' having component assembly 'B'. And 'C' is the raw material for 'B'. Item 'A' is an MPS and is duly marked in Material Master. Item 'B' and 'C' are marked as 'PD'.

When T Code MD42 is run only the top MPS item ( 'A' in this case) is planned and dependent requirements will be passed to MRP item ( 'B' ).

Then MRP run is required through T Code MD02 on 'B' to plan it and all MRP items below .

When T Code MD41 is used, all levels are planned i.e. A , B & C

Hope this is what you were looking for. Revert for clarifications.

Regards,

Rohit.

Edited by: Rohit Chauhan on Feb 10, 2009 8:23 AM