Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access SAP database directly on MI 7.1

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that anyway to access SAP backend database directly without using bapi wrapper? If not can i treat it as 3rd party database then using https to access it.

Best regards,

Gan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anup is right. But there might be an option to create DB connection to a different system via transaction DBACOCKPIT and code in native SQL. I don't know wheather this is really possible, but you could try in this direction.

http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABENNATIVESQL.htm

Regards,

Gunashekar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The MI 7.1 is actually called NW Mobile 7.1. It has a completely architecture as compared to MI 2.5.

With 7.1, you can access the backend without using BAPI wrapper. This involves writing custom services in the flow. For more information about how to write custom service, please refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/5e/f14d47c8e24f55a61cb76d06574ba6/frameset.htm

Regards.

Gunashekar.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. After reading the link that you provide i still not so understand how it work but it did give me a new knowledge for Netweaver mobile. Anyway can you provide me a idea how to access the backend data without writing any program on bankend.

My requirement is to build a mobile solutions without create any program on back end.

Thanks.

Edited by: fcgan on Feb 12, 2009 1:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to access backend data without writing bapi wrappers, there are two ways:

1. Write custom service. The custom service is a function module or class method written in the DOE. And plug this custom service into the DOE runtime as described in the document. If this is still not clear let me know what exactly you did not understand from the help link so that it is easier for me to help you.

2. Write bapi wrappers in the DOE itself and configure backend destination of the adapter to point to same system (DOE).

You will have to code the logic to access the backend data, be it SAP or 3rd party. The difference between the two approaches would be that in case 1, you would have to populate the data object message (using parameter IF_MBO_READWRITE_WRAPPER) and in case 2, you would have to populate the bapi wrapper parameters.

Regards,

Gunashekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DOE = Data Orchestration Enging, the server part of the NW Mobile.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. My problem is i want to access the data wich is from R3 database table but i am not allow to write any program on that server. The only way that i can do is to create bapi wrapper on the mobile 7.1 server but how can i retreive data from the R3 server?? Did the way no. 1 help??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.,

If the tables you want to access in the SAP Backend System(R/3 server) is already made accessible via an existing BAPI Wrapper in the R/3 server you could achieve your objective via MI 7.0 or NW Mobile 7.1.

You have to create a Mobile application which is designed to can call these R/3 Bapi wrappers. If you do not have existing bapi wrappers and not allowed to create new BAPI wrapper in R/3 sever, the possibility of accessing those table data on a mobile client via SAP Mobile Infrastructure is not possible. (even by option 1 or 2 mentioned in the post previously).

To putt he landscape in simple terms :

Mobile Client <> MI MW 7.0 / DOE (7.1) <> R/3 server(business data / BAPI wrappers exist here)

Hope its clear.

Best Regards

Anup

Indience

www.indience.com (Enterpise Mobility, SAP & Integration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to use Smart Synchronization: Any SAP System, regardless of its release, and any SOAP-enabled third-party system. Multiple back-end systems are possible.

refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c0ac041b871d67e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

regards

manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gan,

If you are trying to ask that "Can we access SAP-backend without using BAPI's for MI scenarios?",then

the answer for the same is NO.

As far as I know through various MI documents I have come across,If we are implementing MI then Bapi wrappers are the only way of communicating to SAP backend.

Hope this answered you question.

Regards,

Abhi