Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse version for SAP MI 2.5 SP09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few queries

1. Please let me know the Eclipse IDE version to be used for SAP MI 2.5 SP09. Where can I install it from.

2. Where can I find the installation for MDK for SAP MI 2.5 SP09

3. I have SAP Web AS 6.40 SP09. I am currently using SAP ME 2.1 client version. If I develop applications with ME 2.1 will they work for SAP MI client.

Thanks in advance

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun and Gopi,

Thanks for your response.

I have to develop an mobile sales app in the next one month. How much time does it take to upgrade SAP Web AS from SP9 and SP14. Is it a straight forward installation?

I am cautious as I need to develop an application in the next one month.

Thanks again

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

Upgrade of WebAS doesn't take much time.

First, Upgrade SAP Kernel to SP14. This is just copying files. (about 20 minutes)

Then upgrade ABAP to SP14. This you have to go step by step from SP09 to SP14. This can be done in Tcode SPAM. (about 300 minutes)

Then upgrade Java to SP14. This you can jump straight from SP09 to SP14. This is using SAPinst.exe (about 2 hours)

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your question is answered, kindly mark the thread solved.

Regards

Ak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We also started developing MI Applications in NWD Studio SP 09 . Applications created using this version is not generic , since using the metadata information , its creating Proxy classes for each Sync BO used in our application.(meta data informations are in meRepMeta.xml file that we got from the MI server itself wrto particular MCD). Proxy classes contain the getter() and setter()(if we have the provision to create new entries) , corresponding to each fields in the Structure we used in our BAPI Wrapper. This proxy classes totally depends upon this meRepMeta.xml file.

Imagine , u have already created the application and u want to change the application in this version . At this point of time u will face too much of difficulty..

From SP 11 itself , the application are generic applications , it will not create Proxy classes that i mentioned earlier.Here we can use the adwantage of SmartSync APIs itself. ..

Applications in SP 9 and SP11 are entirely different . it is too difficult to migrate from SP 9 to even SP11..

So my opinion is u can start developing application from SP11 itself . But so many bugs in SP11 also..

even in MDK SP 13 some bugs are there ..

But star developing applications from Studio SP 13 or SP11...

But the MI server must be compatible. MI server is backward compatible.. So MI client must be in equal or lower version than that of MI server..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I suggest you Upgrade your <b>WebAS to SP14</b> atleast. and Install <b>MI 2.5 SP13</b> (full) from Service.Sap.com/swdc (look for Mobile Infrastructure and download MI2.5 SP13 (full)). This is what many of us working in this forum are using. We may be able to help you better if you are in sync with us.

Don't go for Eclipse but Go for <b>NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS) SP14</b>. this has MDK plug-in attached to it.You may dewnload the same from service market place. look for the file <b>JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR</b> and unpack it and install the same. you can run the mi client from NWDS during the development. <a href="/people/arunkumar.ravi/blog/2006/02/22/execute-debug-your-mi-code-from-nwds">Refer this link</a> for development

Regards

arun

Message was edited by: Arunkumar