Product interchangability-PPDS heuristics
I have 2 products A and B.B can be replaced by A. I have created an interchangability group with these 2 products.Preced member is product A and succeeding member B.Maintained useup indicator as Yes and with Forwrd direction. Assigned to model also.Checked consistency.When i run the Heuristics SAP_PP_002,system is not considering product B eventhough it has stock(product A has no stock).As per the help documentation, planning package fieild in the PPDS tab of product masters A and B must be updated automatically. This is not happening...probably this is the reason that Heuristics is not considering interchangability???
or Any other settings are to be maintained??? I am working on SCM5.1
Please further check on the following:-
1) Procurement type of A & B as PPDS Interchangeability supports only in-house production scenarios.
2) Check the PPMs of both the products whether fully maintained
3) Check whether the conversion indicator is set in PPDS
4) Check whether ATP check is maintained as per the link
5) If the system explodes the plan for the source of supply when an in-house production order is created or changed, the system does not take account of product interchangeability. The system uses the components that exist in the plan for the source of supply (and that may already be discontinued by the requirements time).
R. Senthil Mareeswaran.