SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional structure group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one expalin ,what is the main purpose of assigning the regional structure area to the roles.

what is the purpose of the political regional structure and if we configure,where it reflects in the screen.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Oven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you define the political regional structure it will refelect on Business Partner data and connection object.

To create a business partner and connection object Basic data( Regional Structure) should be used.

Postal regional struture: You can allocate elements of the political structure to IS-U master data( for example Business partner and connection object).

Regards,

Siva

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you define the political regional structure it will refelect on Business Partner data and connection object.

To create a business partner and connection object Basic data( Regional Structure) should be used.

Postal regional struture: You can allocate elements of the political structure to IS-U master data( for example Business partner and connection object).

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thanks for the reply.

I have configured the political regional structure.But i can not view in the connection object.I could not able to find the political regional structure field in the BP.

please let me know

Regards,

Oven

0 Kudos

Political Regional Structure:

Political and company regional structures can also be defined via a link to the postal regional structure.

The connection object is linked to the regional structure by the address. A connection object can contain several premises, device locations and connections.

Postal Regionl structure:- City, Street, Street Selection.

You can see these fields in BP and connection object address.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

thanks siva for the reply.

Then what is the main purpose of the political regional structure hierc field in the connection object.

Regards,

Oven

0 Kudos

Political regional structure:

To maintain elements of the political regional structure, You must first define the hierarchy levels you require. Only then can you allocate elements to the hirearchy elemnts( for example allocate the element "New York" to the hierarchy level "CITY").

You can define your political regional structure hirearchy entries according to your requirements.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have configured the political regional structure.but it is not getting displayed in the connection object.

can u advice.

Regards,

Oven

0 Kudos

Regional structure group groups together elements of the regional structure( such as cities, streets and street selections ) the system can determine the appropriate regional structure group from an address and use it.

Organize the service teriitory from an administrative view.

Has user defined hirearcht levels and elements.

Provide a link to the address of the connection object via the postal regional structure.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

thanks siva