cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open connection to host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a SC and then dependencies. Then I have created a track and in NWDI when i try to import the development configurations I am getting this error.

Any help is appreciated.

com.sap.cms.client.connector.CMSConnectorException: Unable to open connection to host. The IP address of the host could not be resolved. Maybe the URL is misspelled or the host does no longer exist..

Regards

NagaKishore V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please provide the Fully Qualified Domain Name in the preferences as provided by Siddharth.

if the connectivity isnt coming up, you will have to add the JDI-machine-name entry in the hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

e.g 10.10.10.140 jdi-machine-name

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divakar

As mentioned above I am able to ping the server from the preferences window and I have used only the fully qualified name.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

NagaKishore,

Just making sure of this..Did u mean NWDS when you typed NWDI in "Then I have created a track and in <b>NWDI</b> when i try to import the development configurations ".. ?

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you also specify FQDN's in the track and domain definition in the CMS Landscape Configurator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Did you manage to get the solution for the mentioned problem?

I am facing the same problem.

Please reply

Regards,

Ashwaray

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagakishore,

As the message is saying you have given a wrong host for the SLD. Just open Windows -> Preferences -> Java Development Infrastructure -> Development Configuration Pool and check the host in the URL.

Try to ping the host also from your machine. You can also try giving a fully qualified domain name for the host.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth

I am able to ping the JDI server successfully from the preferences window.

I feel that the problem is in the track definition where the DTR is specified.

Regards

NagaKishore V