cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send back IDOC ack with details to webservice response ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

Can we send IDOC acknowledgment as SOAP response . Our scenario is say for example create SO via Webservice call . Our requirement is to use IDOC only not RFC/BAPI etc . Even we know that IDOC is asynchronous we need to return the SO number which is created .So ,

1. Can we get Ack with SO number which is created and map to Webservice response filed ?

Thanks .,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to send ack as a separate first and then try adding a soap response to it.

for this need to run the report IDX_ALEREQUEST.

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rangrajan,

You Have to Identify in which Idoc you want to get the response back in R3 then Map Response of Webservice that contains SO to the idoc identified and you well get all the things you require in R3.

Let me make few things clear:

You have to use BPM for this

ALEAUD is for IDOC acknowledgment not for Idoc response (There is difference between ack and response). So it will not serve your purpose.

Report IDX_ALEREQUEST is to convert the idoc acknowledgment (ALEAUD) to XML formate.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's required to use IDocs, you could look into using the ORDRSP IDoc (order confirmation). This would, however, require an integration process for the sync / async bridge (Synchronous SOAP request to asynchronous ORDER) and to wait for the corresponding ORDRSP after sending the ORDERS IDoc and use that as the response for the SOAP request.

Kind regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC ack ALEAUD does not contain information about SO created in R/3 ........ so even if you use it, then also you will not get back the SO number created in R/3 for your webservice response........

so the option left to you is to use proxy communication and in inbound proxy code call the SO creation BAPI and return the BAPI response via proxy outbound and then map it to webservice response.....you can even use RFC directly but using proxy will be better.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rangarajan,

One of the Available optiions is use BPM to send the Message back in IDOC.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please explain more ?

Thanks.,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

even if you use BPM, then also you will not get the SO number in IDOC ack ALEAUD..........

so i as i suggested in above post, either go for proxy or RFC to get the SO number.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta