cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger the selectRecord event from a WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to trigger the selectRecord event that the standard Item Details iView would capture and display the whole record for.

1. I have the Item Details iView configured to have its property Is Select Record Event Supported? set to Yes

2. The way I am trying to trigger the event is:

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews", "selectRecord", "mdmid="+recordID); 

In this example the recordID has the internal number of the record and I'm sure I'm sending it correctly.

I read the documentation in here [Configuring Customized EPCF Events|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/46/07984d92ef5a70e10000000a1553f7/content.htm], but I can't get it to work.

I also made another WebDynpro iView and I can capture the event without any problems, so I'm sure it's triggered correctly. My concern is the parameters.

Does anyone know what the parameter name is? Is it mdmId, MDM_ID, id, etc...?

I actually tried them all, but nothing worked. Any help or ideas are welcome.

If someone ever did it successfully, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update to my discoveries:

1. I've noticed that if the same event is raised by the ResultSet iView and it has the parameter mdmId=12093 (The internal ID of the record), it works as a charm.

2. When I trigger absolutely the same eventname, same namespace, from a custom WebDynpro - ItemDetails iView does not capture it anymore.

3. I did a second custom WebDynpro that is a listener for this event and it captures the event in both cases (when the event is called by the ResultSet iView and from my custom iView).

Any ideas? What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Boris