cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Alert Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get all of the open alerts on the Alert Monitor (RZ20) to be in the green status? I've been going through each monitor to analyze why I'm getting a red alert and we would like to accomplish trying to get all of the alerts to stay within the green to yellow alert region. Any advice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Connie,

if you obviously do not need 'real values' from CCMS, why don't you just ignore it?

To get useful information, set up your own monitor set and set the treshold values of the monitors to values which are ok for your system.

Regards,

ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other than the EarlyWatch reports, is there a way to determine an average threshold or find a threshold value that is right for my system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're satisfied with the performance, the measured values from EWA + some more to have a reserve are a good first choice. After that, if you get too many alerts without having a real problem, you can change them to a value to get fewer alerts.

But it really depends on your system. For example, sometimes an average response time of 1000ms is ok, but when you have 250ms normally, 800 might be a symptom for upcoming problems.

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Feb 11, 2009 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it.

Answers (0)