cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement package EhP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is enhancement package EhP1 ? In what way it is differnt from service pack ?

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

EhP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 provide new innovative functionality SAP NetWeaver 7.0 implementation. In EhP1 we have some new functionalities compared to sap nwa 7.0.Ehp1 consists of two scenarios

a)Information Lifecycle Management

b)Adobe Flash Islands for Web Dynpro ABAP

Some new features u can see on BI, Portal & BRFplus.

Comes to ur second partu2026With SAP enhancement packages you can implement functional updates without upgrading your SAP system to a higher release. This concept is introduced for SAP NetWeaver with SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0. With the SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi) you get full tool support for the SAP enhancement package installation process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janes

>> With SAP enhancement packages you can implement functional updates without upgrading your SAP system to a higher release.

So suppose if you apply EhP1 to "SAP NetWeaver 7.0" Whether it will become equivalent in all respects(functionally/technically/supportpack level wise) to "SAP NetWeaver 7.1" ?

Even we have Enhancement Packages for "SAP NetWeaver 7.1". Eventhough 7.1 is the latest version and still we need Enhancement package for this ? Can I say, Enhancement package is for functional updates and service packs are for

technical updates ?

thanks

kumar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So suppose if you apply EhP1 to "SAP NetWeaver 7.0" Whether it will become equivalent in all respects(functionally/technically/supportpack level wise) to "SAP NetWeaver 7.1" ?

No. You receive additional functionality, but not 7.1 functionality.

> Even we have Enhancement Packages for "SAP NetWeaver 7.1". Eventhough 7.1 is the latest version and still we need Enhancement package for this? Can I say, Enhancement package is for functional updates and service packs are for technical updates?

Yes. In XI 3.0 a lot of new functionality came in SPs which made the SPs very unstable. Customers complain about this. Now it is splitted to SPs and EhPs to ensure stable SPs. EhPs have there own SPs.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

I hope stephen s answer clr ur concern.There is several difference between Ehp & upgrade.The concept u take that if i add recent enhancement pack to my sap NWA 7.0 then it will change to sap nwa 7.1 is wrong. With an enhancement package, you have the option to update only specific subsets

of software components related to specific business functions. Afterward,

you select and activate business functions; the system behavior will change only

where a business function has been activated. This targeted update process is

key within the delivery methodology of enhancement packages. Release upgrades,

on the other hand, required that all software components that were installed in an

SAP software system had to be upgraded regardless of your specific business

needs.

So in terms of effort, SAP enhancement packages are lightweight compared to upgrades. They can be installed unnoticeably as a normal maintenance activity, together with support packages (SPs).

Answers (0)