cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new activity ... isn't this automatic ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I will like to inquire if the "new activity window" whenever something new is being added/modifed from the project ?

I am currently working on a WD project using JDI for the first time and was presented with a Activity Window. After some development work, I saved, checked-in, activated and released my work. But as I continue to work on my development, I noticed that the "New actuvity" window does not pop up anymore. Neither am I able to create a new activity from the "Open Activities" view.

Can someone kindly advise please ? Thank you very much.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After checking the code into the CBS, whenever you are trying to modify the code, the changes are captured in an activity. As soon as you try to edit WD component, it prompts to capture the changes in any of the existing ACTIVE activity or in a new activity.

But in this case, if there is no prompt for the ‘new activity’, then it means that you have not logged into the client properly (Might be working on the local system without connecting to the server).

Message was edited by: Krupakar Oleti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the following:

Goto http://<host name>:<port no>/devinf --> Change Management Service --> Transport Studio.

In the transport studio select "Development" tab.

U will be able to see "History" button. Click on the button. U can see ur released DC.

Select it and click Back to import queue.

Reimport the component.

After all these steps u will be able to create a new activity for this DC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rathna.