cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between ECC 6.0 EHP4/NW 7.01 and Netweaver Portal 7.0 SP17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our system landscape consists of ECC 6.0 EHP4/NW 7.01 and Netweaver Portal 7.0 SP 14. We are thinking of upgrading our portal to SP 17. Will it lead to any compatbility issues with our ecc system? are there any dependencies?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally it is best to have the SP-Stacks aligned. It is not always possible when you have an enterprise portal. The biggest question is if you have ECC business packages deployed. If the answer is yes, then going to SP17 without patching ECC 6.0 will be a difficult proposition and will require extensive regression testing. If you don't have business packages deployed then it is usually an easier proposition but it will still require integration and regessiontesting. There is no way to avoid testing but the potential impact is less if you don't have ECC business packages deployed.

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick response. We do not have ECC business packages deployed. However, if i want to go with the recommended procedure and align the SP-stacks, what will be my options? Currently ECC and portal are on different releases (portal is on 7.0 and ecc is on 7.01). If ECC is on release 7.01 with EHP4, what SP should i apply to it to align it with NW Portal 7.0 SP17?

Thank you.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to know what SAP NetWeaver SPs aligns with SAP ERP/ECC SP stack or any other app's SP stack is the following:

- logon on to http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

- click on the appropiate app's SP stack . SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP ERP 2005) your case as it also covers EhPs too.

- In the resulting screen, select the ECC SP level you have (or want) and NW components you have

- The resulting list will indicate what the NW patches you need to be in synch.

I hope this helps,

Mike.