Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in which system do i create the inbound partner profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two systems -test and productive

i set up a masterdata distribution model

in TEST i have created the RFC, the port, the logical systems, i have also generated partner profiles of type Logical System (LS) with MATMAS, COSMAS, GLMAST and DEBMAS as outbound parameters

i have created the distribution model with the above message types

then i have distributed the model to the Producitve system

i have activated the change pointers generally and per message types

However when i create COSMAS IDocs they are send from TEST to Producitve, but there the status is

PARTNER profile not available, so where do i create this one?

in Production, using SALE and clicking generate partner profiles?

if i do this i will see the message types as inbound parameters, right?

is this the correct way or this has to be configured somewhere else?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this [ALE Article|http://www.erpgenie.com/component/content/article/597]

In this Fundamentals of ALE explained as

Logical System. A Logical System (LS) is the representation of an R/3 or external system in SAP R/3 for the distribution of data to and from the R/3 System. Every R/3 client used for ALE or EDI has to have a base LS associated with the client. This LS becomes the u201Csenderu201D for outbound messages and a u201Creceiveru201D for inbound messages. In addition to the base LS, a second LS should be created within that R/3 system for each R/3 or external system used for ALE interfaces. In an inbound ALE interface, this second LS represents the sender (another R/3 or external system) with respect to the base LS (receiver). In an outbound ALE interface, this second LS is the receiver on behalf of the R/3 or external system with respect to the base LS (sender).

So....As you have asked

PARTNER profile not available, so where do I create this one?

It should be in TARGET system - which is Production for you...

Also

Check this SAP article of creating inbound profiles - [Inbound Profile|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di46c2/helpdata/EN/33/25775dad2211d39461005004580996/content.htm]

I think the way you have specified is also correct.

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transmission of the Message Type from the sender to the receiver system requires that the Message type should be configured both on the Sender system and the receiver system.

Sender system -Outbound Parameters

Receiver System - Inbound Parameters.

Only if the message type is configured in both systems can you avoid errors of 29 and 56.

~Krithika