cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2005 Database connecting problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MDM 5.5 SP06 - 64bit servers, 32bit clients and SQL server 2005 in Vista 64 bit operating system.

But I can't able to connect the server...

I believe sa is reserved user name but in SQL server management studio I couldn't able to connect the server and registered the Server.

Can you guys please guide me in this regard how to fix this problem ASAP?

Thanks,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

MDM 5.5 servers are not supported on Windows Vista. They are supported on Windows Server 2003 only.

Best regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your time and help, but I couldn't able to see the database itself.

as I know my computer name is database name but SQL Server is not providing that.

and its showing network data base names.

If I type the database name and user is sa...but there is no luck in connecting...

is there any way that we can define server name and user names??? also it doesn't ask for any database name or user name during installation of SQL Server 2005

I'm not a SQL person so, please help me in this regard.

Thanks, Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

At the time of SQL Server installation, you need to select Mixed Mode Authentication and pass the password for sa user. Now try to connect using this login. Also try your windows login.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enter the username sa in the mds.ini file under parameter SQL DBA username.Default is Master.Change it to sa and try connecting.Also Make sure username sa has all system admin previleges.

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Feb 10, 2009 5:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

try creating a user in SQL server with full access and use it in MDM, it worked for me, and be sure if u have the data base instance name correct in the console while u r creating a repository?

-Sudhir