cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable SALV Dropdown issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, in WebDynpro for ABAP, I have a SALV based editable table in which lot of columns have dropdowns (Drop down by Index) and by default system is creating a roundtrip to the server whenever I make a selection in the drop down. Whenever data to be maintained is large this creates performance issues and times out. I want to suppress the roundtrip created during the selection in the dropdown.

Even I tried with Dropdown by key also, the result is the same.

Request you gurus to help in this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Selecting a value in the dropdown would lead to a server round trip if the corresponding event

property is bound to an action irrespective of the kind of dropdown whether DropDownByKey/DropDownByIndex. So there's not anything that you are doing wrong in here. But you should actually go for a dropdown only when the number of values to be displayed are low like less than 30. Even the SAP documentation says like, "Typical UI elements to implement value selectors are dropdown boxes, radio button groups, and item list boxes. Value selectors should only be used if the number of values to be

displayed is low (typically less than 30)."

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday for the reply. I have only 4 to 5 values in the dropdown but the number of columns is around 25. By default the event property is bound to an action in SALV coulmns with dropdown, I want to remove this binding of ON_SELECT event to the default action. Unlike normal table UI element, in SALV UI elements are determined during runtime, i need the procedure to remove this binding.

Answers (0)