Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW32 Work Center Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client requirement is to restrict the work center with respective of the transaction IW32, as below are the auth.object related to Work center in SU24 in SAP version ECC6.

C_AFVG_APL PS: Work Center for Network Activities and Activity Elements Do Not check NO

C_ARPL_WRK CIM: Work center- plant Check YS

As we have given the values for the object C_ARPL_WRK with plant restriction...

But still there is no option to restrict the work center with respective of the transaction IW32.

Kindly let me know is there a possibility to restrict the WC or else it can be done only by the user exit...

let that a set of transactions are there to restriction the work center....

Please suggest me..

SV

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> C_AFVG_APL PS: Work Center for Network Activities and Activity Elements Do Not check NO

Before considering the option to change this indicator to "Yes", you should consider:

- where and how it is used in IW32 (as it might not work as expected, which is often the case when the objects are from 2 seperate classes)

- where and how it is used elsewhere with active checks (as other transactions might now become available as well).

Normally, there should be a reason for a disabled a check.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I can take another example for the transaction IW37. The mandatory field was plant but my client requirement is to get the data based upon the work center with respective of the plant...

As I didnu2019t find any auth.object related to Work center with respective of the transaction IW37 and finally I have conclude it can be possible only through custom program or user exists...

Please suggest me is there any other possibility which can be done with security and authorizations.

As IW37 is very good example for my requirement...

SV

0 Kudos

If there is no native check, and there is nothing configurable either (which your functional consultant should ideally know about if there is one, and the "no check" might be a hint at such a possibility), then your next least-worste option is to look for an available enhancement point (see and related information).

Please wait a little while still for "Subbu" and some other to comment here as they would know better, failing which I will move the thread to the ERP (config) or ABAP (enhancement) forums if you wish.

Cheers,

Julius