Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Error "list of values failure"

When I run my report I get a popup error:

Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to open the connection. Failed to opne te connection. UNKNOWN.RPT]'.

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D

I verified my database, I logged off and back on, I saved the report, closed, opened it and still got the error.

By the way, part of the error shows with a line on it but that must be the brackets that is causing this because that is not how the error appears on the popup window.

Help Please!

Edited by: J S on Feb 9, 2009 12:36 PM

Former Member
replied

Yes you can import using Import wizard from one server to the other. Go to start>all programs>Business Objects XIR2-->Import Wizard.

Once you open the Import wizard it prompts source server (production) and then it prompts destination server (Development)

Using this you can move all the reports and related items from one server to other and also you can move specific reports.

I don't have much knowledge about this. It would be better to know all the options before you import any report. Otherwise it may overwrite the existing objects and the reports may not work properly.

Regards,

Raghavendra

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question