cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Error "list of values failure"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run my report I get a popup error:

Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to open the connection. Failed to opne te connection. UNKNOWN.RPT]'.

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D

I verified my database, I logged off and back on, I saved the report, closed, opened it and still got the error.

By the way, part of the error shows with a line on it but that must be the brackets that is causing this because that is not how the error appears on the popup window.

Help Please!

Edited by: J S on Feb 9, 2009 12:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain in brief? What version of crystal you are using? and do you have dynamic prompts in the report? If so what is the data type and what is the datasource of the report? (table/view/stored procedure)

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal XI ver 11.0.0.1282

I am using one dynamic and one static prompts andt they are both strings

I am pulling data from a SQL table and using Crystal selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you are able to run the report with static parameter only? If so also check creating a new dynamic parameter with any other field and see still the same error occurs.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed my dynamic param to static. Added a new dynamic and this worked.

Then put my original dynamic and that worked this time.

What causes that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The old one might be connected to the wrong prompt.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

I continue to have this problem reported above

It seems that it happens when I use the report in a different database. In other words, I take the report from the production system, I move it to the developement machine, I change he database connection and I verify the database and everything seems fine.

When I try to run it I get the "List of Values Failure".

I change the parameters and works fine. But when I move the report back to the production system the same error comes up.

How can permanently I resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you are moving the reports from production to development? Using import wizard? Actually when you create a dynamic parameter in production server it will generate LOVs in using Business View. So while importing the report you need to import the related items from repository also.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

To move it I just copy the crystal report item to the production directory and run it.

Is there an import feature? if so, will it automatically import the "related items from repository"?

If not then, can you guide me on how to do that please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can import using Import wizard from one server to the other. Go to start>all programs>Business Objects XIR2-->Import Wizard.

Once you open the Import wizard it prompts source server (production) and then it prompts destination server (Development)

Using this you can move all the reports and related items from one server to other and also you can move specific reports.

I don't have much knowledge about this. It would be better to know all the options before you import any report. Otherwise it may overwrite the existing objects and the reports may not work properly.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I ran into this issue because I was referring to two different data sources with the same name. One was referencing the Oracle server, while the sub report was referencing the ODBC (RDO). Once I set the Datasource Location to be the same (click update) so they both match... The error went away. You may need to refresh/update your parameters as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on salesforce platform. We use crystal reports and is integrated with Salesforce.

I have similar issue can anyone plz help!!!

My question is : When i am trying to run crystal report it is throwing error.

Crystal reports error: List of Values failure: fail to get values. Cause of error: Error in File Company_31: Database Connector Error

It was running fine few days back.

Not able to find out the root of the error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thank you Very much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got note on this please go through this

And let me know us know the result .

In Crystal Reports, reports using List of Values (LOV) based on a Business View are refreshed and after 5 minutes an error message appears:

Prompting failed with the following error message: "List of Values failure: fail to get values. [ Cause of error: CORBA_SystemException ].

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D".

Cause

This error message appears because there is a firewall between Crystal Reports and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI that is preventing the LOV from bringing back the data.

Resolution

Turn off or disable the firewall.

Alternately, specify a CORBA port using an updated version of CRLOV.DLL that lets you choose one port for CORBA to use. Obtain the appropriate file by doing the following:

Download the file update from the Downloads area of our web site.

Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\crconfig.xml in a text editor.

In the <DataDriverCommon> section add <BOEOrbPort>n</BOEOrbPort> where n is the number of the desired inbound port to use for CORBA.

Enable that port on the firewall to accept inbound traffic (along with the other ones Crystal Reports uses).

The LOV reports run correctly.

See Also

For more information on this process, please refer to Note 1219902.

Keywords

CORBA LOV BUSINESS VIEWS SYSTEMEXCEPTION Crystal Reports List of values failure , c2019296

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neo,

thank you for your reply with:

Resolution

Turn off or disable the firewall.

Alternately, specify a CORBA port using an updated version of CRLOV.DLL that lets you choose one port for CORBA to use. Obtain the appropriate file by doing the following:

Download the file update from the Downloads area of our web site.

Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\crconfig.xml in a text editor.

In the <DataDriverCommon> section add <BOEOrbPort>n</BOEOrbPort> where n is the number of the desired inbound port to use for CORBA.

Enable that port on the firewall to accept inbound traffic (along with the other ones Crystal Reports uses).

The LOV reports run correctly.

See Also

For more information on this process, please refer to Note 1219902.

Keywords

CORBA LOV BUSINESS VIEWS SYSTEMEXCEPTION Crystal Reports List of values failure , c2019296

I don't understand as follows:

"Download the file update from the Downloads area of our web site." ;

Which website are you referring to?

"Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\crconfig.xml in a text editor. In the <DataDriverCommon> section add <BOEOrbPort>n</BOEOrbPort> where n is the number of the desired inbound port to use for CORBA.":

I opened that file but I don't know what n should be??

Could you be a bit more specific please...thanks in advance.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What ever Neo suggesting in this thread is coming from the following SAP Note.

The SAP note # is : 1220118