cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Agreements for HTTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am aware that there that there is no Sender Agreement necessary for sender Http scenario, maybe a silly question but why in that case is there a Sender option on the HTTP communication channel ?. Also for HTTPS if there is no sender agreement (hence no Communication Channel) then where can HTTPS be assigned as the Security Level on the channel, i.e. the "Security Check for Incoming Messages option".

Thanks

Damien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damien,

>why in that case is there a Sender option on the HTTP communication channel ?.

it is optional

>Also for HTTPS if there is no sender agreement (hence no Communication Channel) then where can HTTPS be assigned as the Security Level on the channel, i.e. the "Security Check for Incoming Messages option".

For security reasons it is a good idea to create a channel

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

According to my knowledge in XI there the HTTP Sender service is in disable and eventhough u can create in XI. but now in Latest version like PI 7.1 the service is enable

In mostly in some real time projects there are some requirements like they need some security purposes in that cases mostly they need a Sender agreement mandatory for security purpose.

Inorder to satisfy these requirements they are configuring HTTP sender and hence Sender agreement and but they are selecting as HTTPS protocol and while selecting HTTPS protocol kindly note one point that your network Firewall settings needs to be in open and they needs to all the flow of messages.

I hope now you are free from confusion.

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for trplies Gentlemen .. from what I gater:

1. For HTTP Sender Agreement is optional

2. For HTTPS it is mandatory (more than good idea Udo ?) as you need to specifiy that the protocol is https.

Thanks

Damien ...