cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subform -Hide depending on a Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we hide a subform depending on a condition?

I mean if my internal table for that entry in initial.It should not display the subform.

Also,

I want to get rid of all outside boxes borders in output and have vertical lines which needs to be ending dynmically?

Can we get it through line from library?

rgds

vara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

1) How can we hide a subform depending on a condition?

I mean if my internal table for that entry in initial.It should not display the subform.

In the event "form:ready" of your table subform write the condition like:

if (internaltablesubform.field.rawValue == null)

{

subform.presence = "hidden"; (Subform full path which u want to hide)

}

else

{

subform.presence = "visible";

}

2) I want to get rid of all outside boxes borders in output and have vertical lines which needs to be ending dynmically?

Can we get it through line from library?

If I understood your question correctly, for all of your fields you dont want to have borders like a box but you want to have one vertical line at the end of the each field.

for making your fields with out border you can do the following:

select the field and from the object paletet, go to field tab there you can find the option "Appearance"

there select none.

If you want to get vertical line at the end of the text field: select option "Custom" from the same "Appearance" there you can change the edges individually.

And for setting dynamically , under Layout option beside Object, there are options called "expand to fit"

for both width and height so you can select those option which ever is applicable for you.

Hope it should solve the problem.

Regards,

Ravi.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.It worked!!

I am awarding you full 10 points.

rgds

vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you please let me know your views on the below query:

I have a subform1 which includes some 4-5 subforms (let us say child subforms). Each child subform has a Text and its value (Text field). We have written individual scripts to hide child subform if there is not value in the Text field. But we need to hide the outermost subform i.e subform1 if all its child subforms do not hold any value. We can do this by checking respective text fields of child subform but in this case we have to write number of script lines.

Is there any other way that we can do this.

Regards

Mini

Answers (0)