cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp exceeded when doing ALE transfer of Masterdata

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have set up Masterdata distribution model and my parameter value for rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp is 25%

however when there is a change and we have like let's say 50 Idocs of GLMAST type in the productions system the RFC user occupies all DIA processes

any ideas how to restrict it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what value has the parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp? It sets the amount of wp, which cannot be occupied by rfc-users.

Also check if someone has altered rdisp/rfc_use_quotas. If this one is '0', the quotas are not used at all.

Regards,

ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

rdisp/rfc_use_quotas is set to 1, so quotas are used

rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp is set to 1

this is in the target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

set rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp to a higher value.

It depends on the amount of dialogue-users in your system. As far as i remmeber it is said, that one dialogue-wp can handle about 10 logged on users. Of course, if one of them starts a long runner, it can handle only this one .

To give you an example: we have around 1.000 concurrent users (most of them are low activity, just 200 are high activity) and two instances. We have not much parallelized RFC and 60 dia-wp per server. In our system, this parameter is set to 5 (was a try and it seems to be enough).

You can change the parameter dynamically in RZ11. To change it permanently, change it in the profile and restart the instance.

Regards,

ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

I'm on 4.7 SR2, looks like that parameter doesnt work, I still have to set rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp to minimize the dialog work process usage

Thanks,

Naren