cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Installation Error - J2EE_ADMIN Password Mismatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am doing an XI 3.0 SR1 64 bit installation on SUSE Linux/Oracle. I have successfully installed the SAP WebAS 640 Unicode ABAP + J2EE system. The J2EE was installed against client 300, which was a USCV

system copy from client 000. All prequisites as described in SAP XI 3.0 SR1 Installation Guide - Doc Version 1 December 15 were followed.

The J2EE engine worked BEFORE starting the XI Installation. However, the XI installation crashed in phase 11 of 17 while trying to start the J2EE engine. It looked like the reason for the crash was becasue the number of the opened files at the time the engine was starting was too high and this caused ZipExceptions when trying to open the jar files for the services and libraries of the J2EE Engine. The error from the log was: 'ERROR:java.io.IOException: Too many open files'

It looked to be some sort of ulimit issue, which we corrected this. We updated the ulimit settings and tried re-running the XI installation from the beginning.

Now, at the start of the XI installation, when it prompts us for the J2EE_ADMIN password it says that we are entering the incorrect password. Yet, when I login to the ABAP stack to verify the J2EE_ADMIN password it is correct there. I know I am entering the correct password. Why is there a mismatch? Does SAP temporarily change the password when doing the XI installation? What can we do to reset the password?

Thanks for any help!

]eff Dubois

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just installed three XI systems on Linux/Oracle with SP 16.

The main thing to note is which client your J2EE engine reads the users/roles from. Did you try checking for the j2ee_admin user in both client 000 and 300?

Also, there are setting for the J2EE engine that show you which client it's reading the user/role information from.

Regards,

Jay Malla

Licensed To Code

Here is some information from OSS:

We received this info from SAP OSS.

I think you may have selected the incorrect user persistence during installation.

Please check the value of the property :-

ume.persistence.data_source_configuration

from the J2EE Visual Administrator

--> Cluster --> server0 --> services --> UME Provider

The value should be :-

dataSourceConfiguration_r3_roles_db.xml

Please refer to the attached note :-

#718383 NW04: Supported UME Data Sources and Change Options

and page 15 of the XI 3.0 SR1 Installation Guide, i.e.,

"During the install of the J2EE Engine you should choose the XI specificinstallation option for the J2EE Engine in UME User Group management (Use SAPGUI Transaction PFCG) "

If you did not select this option then unfortunately you will have to reinstall the system. Changing the value now will not resolve the issue as user roles have already been generated and mapped incorrectly

Please see the attached screenshot of the correct UME option to select during installation.

If you did select the correct option during installation and you have encountered this problem then please provide remote access to the Integration Server and J2EE Engine Visual Administrator as per the attached note :-

#769478 remote connections to XI systems

-

The problem that we're now facing is that our J2EE engine does not start. So we're chasing another SAP OSS note

-SAP Note Number: 810434

NW'04: J2EE does not start after switching UME persistence

We just restarted the system - the dispatcher starts:

503 Service Unavailable

Dispatcher running but no server connected!

SAP Note Number: 810434

NW'04: J2EE does not start after switching UME persistence

Version: 1, Note Language: EN, Released on: 01/19/2005

Symptom

After having changed the user persistence (datasource configuration file) to ABAP, the J2EE does not start.

Reason and Prerequisites

You have installed NW'04 SP3 with dataSourceConfiguration_database_only. You have switched to dataSourceConfiguration_r3.xml or dataSourceConfiguration_r3_rw.xml. After the change, the J2EE does not start. In the default trace, you get the following error messages:

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.UMException: USER_AUTH_FAILED: Logonid "Guest" is not unique!

Solution

In the connected ABAP System, a user with logon id GUEST exists. Delete (or rename) the user GUEST on the ABAP System, and restart the J2EE.

SAP recommends to user the configuration file dataSourceConfiguration_r3_rw.xml for ABAP user store in the scenario described under Reason and Prerequisites.

In case you have installed >= SR1, you have already chosen the ABAP user repository during the installation. Thus, this error cannot appear. See note 718383 for the possible installation options