cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find out Inquiry document number in sales quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

my client have requirement that while creating quotation with reference to inquiry number the system should copy inquiry number in sales quotation it should be save into any particulates field so base on that he can configure output determination can any one help me how to find out Inquiry document number in sales quotation and what are the config step i need to do

Thanks and regards

rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Maintain reference mandatory in VOV8 for QT order type.

Then after you create a quotation, go to VBFA table & give the quotation num in follow-on doc field VBFA-VBELN. It will give you the inquiry doc num in preceeding doc field VBFA-VBELV.

If you want to copy that inquiry into an O/p type, then pickup the entries in the same manner. In the O/p control prog that you assign, put a code that system should input the quotation value in VBFA-VBELN & pick up VBFA-VBELV

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that you have do use the field exit and help of ABAP you have to add programe to get the refernce inquiry while creating the quotation

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raj

There is no need to go for user exits . In standard only you can see the preceding document feild when you create quotation in the header data .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinath ,

Where exactly in the header, we can see the preceeding doc field.

or you mean document flow?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raj

Firstly , In Sales header data you can see the preceding document feild but i am not sure in which tab .

Secondly, As far as document flow is concerned go to VA22 and then you will get the document number of the quotation and at the top you will get one small icon which is document flow , but i am, not sure with the shortcut but just check with Shift +F2. then you can see the flow

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

thanks for valuable suggestion , But i requirement is inquiry number should be save in particular filed in quotation header data , it coming in document flow but it should be save in header of any field or tab any one guide me please does i need to configuration copy control pls guide me

Thanks and regards

Rajesh

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I agree with sivanand words ,and just to add As when you create the quotation then in the header data you can see the feild Preceding document number which will be the copied document number

Go to VA22 and click on document flow then you can see the preceding document number

Regards

Srinath